WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Canada for honeymoon

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridey widey
Major Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Canada for honeymoon

ANybody ever been to Canada. Thinking of going there for a week and a half and then over to the Bahamas for pure relaxation.

Are Vancouver and Toronto nice places to visit?

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Toronto and Vancouver are about 5 hours flying time apart!

I haven't been to Vancouver but I've been to Toronto, and to be honest, I would be rushing back. It's just a city.

I've heard Vancouver is much nicer than Toronto

The only thing is that Toronto is near Niagara Falls which are amazing.

fuji
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

fuji wrote:
Toronto and Vancouver are about 5 hours flying time apart!

I haven't been to Vancouver but I've been to Toronto, and to be honest, I would be rushing back. It's just a city. But Canada in general is beautiful. I loved it there (we did Toronto, Montreal and Quebec and some of the surrounding countryside)

I've heard Vancouver is much nicer than Toronto

The only thing is that Toronto is near Niagara Falls which are amazing.

B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I have visited Canada twice and am slightly biased because I have family living there, but I love it. Both times we were in Ontario (less than an hour by car or train to Toronto), but spent alot of time in Toronto.

The first time I was there was the summer time - be warned it gets VERY hot, but everywhere has air-conditioning so it's grand really. Plus the evenings are lovely.

The second time was for Christmas and I felt like I was in heaven. Ok I'm a big fan of Christmas anyway, but we woke up the day before Christmas Eve to the place white with snow - it was like a postcard, absolutely gorgeous - I was straight out to make my snow angels

Both times we visited Niagara Falls, which is just amazing, any time of the year.

We got around quite a bit because my uncle is "Mr Tour Guide" when any family come to visit. We did... CN Tower, Ice hockey games, NBA games (super place for sports), went ice-skating, shopping (lots of great places to shop). Lots more that I can't remember because it's quite a long time ago, but we had an absolute ball.

We'll definitely be going back!

Ohsohappybride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

I've been to Vanvouver 4-5 times and it's a fabulous city right on the ocean. If you are going I'd suggest taking the ferry out to Vanvouver Island (Victoria) for a couple of days, beautiful scenery.

Stanley Park (right in the city) is beautiful with some really nice beaches. Robson St is the main shopping area of downtown with loads of restaurants all a short walk from there so if I wa spicking a hotel I'd choose something close to there.

Last time I was there H2B and I went on a seaplane tour, lasted about an hour and went all over the city and out over the ocean.

I've never been to Toronto so can't help with that but good luck with your decision.

corkcuu
Major Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I really want to go to Vancouver but still havent got there.
Been to the Rockies though and it is so fab. we flew in to Calgary and travelled through the Rockies, one of the best holidays ever!

marblecity
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Canada

Hi bridey,

A trip can be very memorable (they should all be) is from Calgary to Vancouver. Stay a few nights in Calgary, and then across the Rockies. Outstanding scenery. Finally into Vancouver, a few days in Vancouver.
Spectacular with ample opportunities to go shopping also.

Sincerely,

Marble
wowzer
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I'd agree with the Calgary/Rockies trip, either in the winter or summer, being a great trip. We went in the summer a few years ago and we are still looking at property pages for anywhere near the Rockies!! We can all dream, eh?!
Toronto is a great city, plenty to do and Niagra Falls is a must, but bring a good sturdy credit card cos the shopping in Toronto is brilliant!
Montreal could be a good city for a Honeymoon, as it is a very adult place with loads of culture and clubs, and ther's loads of lovely park areas for romantic walking!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: