Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Who organises what? / Kilkenny

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissC
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Who organises what? / Kilkenny

Hi girls, just wondering who should be in charge of organising the hen/stag parties. Is it up to Chief BM and best man or does bride and groom get involved?
Also has anyone been to kilkenny for Hens? Any feedback welcome.

thanks
Sunbeam
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

MissC - traditionally it's the best man and the CBM that organise the hen and stag, however, tradition is more or less out the window these days!

I was going to arrange my own as none of my BMs were forthcoming, but thankfully, one offered to take over yesterday, so I've given her everything I've done so far and passed on the phone numbers of the other BMs - I've far too much on at the minute and I was getting stressed out about having to arrange the hen night on top of everything else.

If you are happy to do it yourself, then go ahead, but if not, delegate (or, do as I did and keep your fingers crossed that someone will offer to do it!!).

Have never been to Kilkenny so can't comment on that part - sorry!

www.bellaccessories.co.uk
Winter07Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Hi MissC
I am from Kilkenny, if you have any questions please let me know.
It is very popular for hens. When are you thinking of having it?
MissC
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Winter07Bride wrote:
Hi MissC
I am from Kilkenny, if you have any questions please let me know.
It is very popular for hens. When are you thinking of having it?

Hi Winter07bride. thanks for the reply. It wont be til after xmas prob around April/May time but i'd love to get some idea's now. A lot of places dont like hen parties so its good to know they are popular down there. Are there a lot of good pubs/restaurants? where do u think would be the most reasonable hotels, something not too dear but with a pool or sauna?
Winter07Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Hello again

If you are looking for a hotel in city centre with leisure centre then the
Rivercourt Hotel www.kilrivercourt.com or the Ormonde Hotel www.kilkennyormonde.com would suit best.
There are other nice hotels but these a bit outside the town, i,e Newpark Hotel, Hotel Kilkenny.

I would also recommend Zuni's restaurant www.zuni.ie, really fab, but book well in advance..

Langton's is prob your best place for niteclub, most popular and they do not have a problem with hens.
You could start somewhere like Paris Texas and make your way to Langtons (need to be there early).

Anyways let me know if you need anything else.
MissC
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks very much for the suggestions winter07bride, you're brill.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: