Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Frustration at H2B!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todins
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Frustration at H2B!

My H2B is annoying me because we only have the guts of 8 months to organise the wedding and I am trying to book as many things as early as possible that it's not left til the last minute and we're stuck with second best.

I suggest a type of car. He says 'it's alright' negatively, I can't get a straight answer out of him regarding music. We want a band but their too expensive so I was recommended a great dj at more than half the price and he just gets annoyed because my family suggested it!!!!

Does anyone have the same problem,...please tell me it's not just me!!

I know he wants to get married but he so appathetic about it all it annoys me. My Dad says he wants me to book everything so if it doesn't work, it's my fault.[/b]
Dolly Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Yep that happens in 99% relationships,its not just yours....book what you like and then tell him what you have booked.If he does'nt like it then tough luck you asked him and he didnt help you.
Sometimes you are better off having as little time to organise a wedding as possible because the longer you have the more difficulties you run into...best of luck with it and ask on here if you need any help!!
blondebride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, you're not alone there.....spent the past couple of weeks e-mailing photographers and checking them out online...showed h2b my suggestions and all I got was "Well, I don't know, we'd better shop around for a while" WTF do you think I've been doing, buddy?!
Can't complain though cos he's whisking me away on a surprise break next week. Tell your h2b that you value his imput and assign him to doing some of the research/making phonecalls etc. so he can get an idea of the work that goes into planning.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe try setting deadlines for the things you want to book, so that he doesn't think that you are rushing into decisions.

For example, say "We need to have a photographer booked by the end of the month" and then show him samples of various photographers work.

When it gets closer to the day ask which was his favourite, if he still has no opinion say that you are going to go ahead and make the decision because you are running the risk of waiting too long and the one you want already being booked.

Maybe also drop some hints that some of the ones you have called have already been booked for your date - he might see the urgency of it a little more then!

If he still does not help you make a decision, I would go ahead and pick the one that you think is best. It'll work out fine...

minnieminx
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

My h2b cant see what all the rush is about and is like ye we will do that soon la la la la la.... It drives me mad because i know if i dont do it, it wont get done. So i have just pottered away and give him an up-date at the end of the wk. Works great for us.

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject:

every time I ask h2b his opinion on something wedding related he says 'whatever you want love'....and another one he says is 'its the brides day' although I got upset one day when he said this and said 'ITS OUR DAY!' so he hasn't said it since!

I reckon I will just go and do it all myself and not consult him at all! (Just tell him to hand over the cheque book and see how interested he gets then!)

bucketofchips
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject:

I agree with Chi Chi McG, some men are hopeless, and generally I think the majority couldn't give a monkey's what it ordered for their wedding day. I have to say mine wasn't too bad - I seemed quite interested in a few things, but when it came to stuff like flowers, I was fighting a loosing battle. So I did what Chi Chi suggested, I just booked/ordered the things we needed and got on with it� Think about it this way � if he was the total opposite i.e. always poking his nose in, wondering what you were planning and how he wanted it this or that way, it would probably make you even more frustrated...

It�s a bugger all right Todins, but just remember, most women go through it and best thing for you, is to just take the ball into your court and make this time of your life, as stress-free as possible.

Good Luck ?
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: