Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Dublin Hen Help

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zara07
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Dublin Hen Help

Girls

Can anyone recommed apartments in the city centre to rent for the weekend of my hen? There will only be about 5 of us as the rest all live in Dublin. Also any ideas for a cool hen day & night out on the saturday would be appreciated - no party buses or anything though.

Cheers
Aylala
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

To start out the evening what about cocktails in the Fitzwilliam hotel (just opp Stephens Green/Luas terminas) they have a great cocktail menu - only thing is you wouldnt get in dressed up as 'hens' Its a really nice place tho and good to warm up in

Zara07
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

thanks Aylala, I will look into that!
MRS Mad Woman
Ultimate Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

what about the Karoke bar? you can hire out a booth

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

You could try this site http://www.casheltravel.com/ACTIVITIES/Stag_and_Hen_Nights/Hen_Night_in_Dublin.html

Not sure what they are like, so you may want to check feedback from other posters, but their hen packages look like good fun!

www.bellaccessories.co.uk
dubgal
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Dublin Hen

Hi girls,

We used an Irish company called Posh Fizz (www.poshfizz.com) for my best friend's hen. It was absolutely brilliant and I would totally recomend them.

One annoying thing is that there's no prices on the website, but I think that's cos they tailor-make packages to suit the budget. (Well that's what they did for us anyway)

This is what they organised for us -
1. Fitzwilliam Hotel (5 star - on Stephens Green)
2. Recording studio (they provided 10 girlie songs and we chose 5 to sing - all fun songs). This was such a laugh!
3. Pampering back at the hotel
4. Cocktails
5. VIP room in a really different restaurant
6. Free entrance into Lillys and champers on arrival

We had such a brilliant time! They add in loads of extras like personalised cocktail menus (e.g. the groom is called Dave. One of the cocktails was called "Dave's Lurve Potion"!!).

We also all got sent invitations which was a nice tough. The bride got a book at the end with photos and funny quotes from the event (We asked if we could put in pics fro mthe dress-fitting and they were really flexible and helpful). They sent us all a copy of the cd we recorded with a group photo of us on the front - pretty funny (although don't think we'll play it at the wedding!)

One of the girls who ame with us is using them for her friend's hen. Think they're going to Carlow for some pampering & pole dancing!

When i was organised my friends one, I did loads of research (& even went as far as pricing the above package myself) - no way could it be done cheaper. I reckon Posh Fizz gets discounts & passes then on, whereas some other organisers weren't very good value in comparison.

Anyway, when I saw this question i just had to register and let people know about our brilliant weekend! Seriously worth an email to them!

Have fun!

xxx Lyn
chickonthego
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject:

dubgal, could you tell me what the hen weekend cost.Sounds great!

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Friends of my sisters stayed in the apartments on Harcourt street http://www.harcourthotel.ie/html/appartments.html which are in an ideal location for St Stephens Green.

chilledout
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Friends of my sisters stayed in the apartments on Harcourt street http://www.harcourthotel.ie/html/appartments.html which are in an ideal location for St Stephens Green.

dubgal
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

hi there,

it was �265 each for those of us who stayed in the hotel. Some of the others didn't stay over and I know it was a fair bit cheaper for them (not sure how much tho - sorry!). We really wanted to stay 5 star, but it would have been cheaper if we'd gone for less pricey accomodation!. We all thought it was really good value.
Aylala
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

This is what I want to do, I mentioned the Fitz to someone else above post and I'm going to stay there with friends,

This is my plan:

Check in

Get ready

Drink Cocktails

Have limo collect us and drive around for an hour

Go for a meal - and dancing

muireann
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Have a look at http://www.staydublin.com/apartments-home.php . They have apartments from �89 - some of them are in the Milennium Walkway, which is handy for everything. They also have penthouses in Temple Bar but it's �200 a night. Not sure what they're like, but they're very central.
The Avenger
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Start with Cocktails in the Capitol Bar!

For Apartments to rent look at the holiday apts section on daft.ie

AS THE GREAT DOLLY DORA SAYS "TAKE IT AND BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE SIDEWAYS"
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: