Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Kilkenny Hen

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sept06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Kilkenny Hen

Anyone got recommendations for central accommodation in Kilkenny for a hen in January? I've tried Langtons but they're fully booked. We would consider self catering, B&B, hostel, hotel.. anything nice, clean and central. Thanks a million! Not familiar with the area myself.

bride2be78
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

Its not central but have you tried a place called Wallslough cottages. Ive been bridesmaid twice in the past year and we used their cottages for the 2 hens parties. Ive stayed in Wallslough for 3 hens !Great location and for �52 per head for the whole weekend its an excellent deal.

Its a 5min drive into Kilkenny city and each bedroom has its own bathroom. Can be a bit cold this time of year but if you ask them to put the heat on the day before to warm the place up it works a treat.

We organised surprise parties for both hens in one of the cottages and they went really well.

Booked dinner for 22 people in langtons on the Saturday night - very reasonable and food was fab. We then went straight into the nightclub afterwards so it cut out the worry of wondering whether we would all get in.

If you need anymore info pm me.
Shortty
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

The Kilford Arms Hotel is in Kilkenny city centre. It has two bars, nite-club and most importantly, an EXCELLENT residents bar!!! We didnt need to leave the building for the entire nite of the hen, which was great for keeping the crowd together! They do triple rooms too and the rooms are very clean & spacious. Would definitely recommend it.

Aislinn C
Major Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

there is new accommodation called the hen house in Kilkenny . the website is www.henhousekilkenny.com and they are self catering apartments that sleep up to 16 people as far as I know. Spotted in the wedding journal looks cool am thinking about it myself

mckillt
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: nulty's cottages

Hi there,

I've been looking at KK also, here is a link to another house option
www.nultyscottages.com
They are located on the opposite side of the city from the Wallslough option.
I was quoted 1250 for a weekend from nultys for two houses that will hold up to 18 people.

There is also a lovely restaurant in KK called Cafe Sol it's just off the High street and they do meal deals at 30 euros a head and bottle of wine between two people - but check out their website incase it's changed
http://www.cafesolkilkenny.com/

hope this helps
babe
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

[img][/img][url]
Hi Sept06bride,
here is a list of hotels in KK...

Clubhouse Hotel - central -

Rivercourt Hotel - central

Hibernian Hotel - central

Ormonde Hotel - central

Zuni Hotel - central - my fav!!!

you could also check out goireland.com you can book any hotel in Ireland through this website and they have great offers..

Hope this helps.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10710;109/st/20061222/e/Birthday/dt/-6/k/be34/event.png
Amberangel
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

aislinn ,

That henhouse accomodation idea in Kilkenny is a great idea - must look into that one myself.Still not decided on where to go, but looking good for Kilkenny ....I love going out there.

rio
Major Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

i've stayed in these for a hen weekend in wallslough cottages in kilkenny,fab location and reall nice,plenty of bathrooms for 15 to get ready etc.

we had out meal in the pearls chinese restuarant, as we were a hen they gave us a bottle of champage for free, gave bride a voucher to use there too

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: