Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

geothermal or?? help need to make decision quick

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alibride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: geothermal or?? help need to make decision quick

hubbie tells me we need to decide on what heating we are going with in our 2000 sq ft house as the foundations are going down shortly!!
we are seriously thinking of going with underfloor - geothermal?/ has anyone got this installed? what do they make of it and how much is it to run per month? thanks girls head is wrecked from this and only home from honeymoon since monday!!

corkcuu
Major Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

we were considering geothermal but heard very bad reports from a plumber who installed it in his own place - very expensive on electricity and not that effective.
We decided to go with underfloor heating down stairs, wood pellet boiler to heat & 3 solar panels as well. Only at the stage of outting in windows now so cant tell you how its going but its meant to be great.
You get a grant as well for the wood pellet boiler & solar panels so it works out very cost effective

Pixelsgirl
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

WE moved to our new house during the summer with underfloor heating and geo thermal heating. Its working great ...we have figured out to keep the temp at a lower level and stays warmer but havent' noticed a big increase in ESB bills. I would go for geo thermal over wood pellets after researching it. Expensive outlay initially (depending on the size of your hse ) but waiting for the grant to come through. Should pay for itself in 2- 3 years. Good luck!
Bee07
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I've heard that with the prices of ESB going up that geothermal is no longer as cost effective as it used to be - I am in the same dilema in choosing heating for our new house - will be starting to build before Christmas and have been reading up on everything - and asking around and I am no better off - I really don't want to go with oil but the H2B is begining to want to go with it as it feels like the safer option

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: