Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Question about Solid Wood Floors

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Question about Solid Wood Floors

Hi,
We are moving into our house in the next 6 weeks and are trying to sort out our wood floors.

I saw a gorgeous Classic Oak floor, it is solid but has been manufactured and rather than being a floating solid floor it is stuck down rather than nailed.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a floor like this fitted and how did you find it?

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

Hey bride 08

I just moved into my new house there in June and I have canadian solid oak floors in both my living room and sitting room - In the living room it was glued down as it is connecting to the kitchen tiles and in the sitting room its on batons There really isnt much of a diffferce expect the ones clued down arent near as noisy there is no creaky squeky sound off them
which i way prefair cause im like a heard of elephents on the sitting room !!!
Hope this helps a little
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the reply Butterfly, that is great to hear! Really looking forward to seeing the floors down now, they look gorgeous!

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Butterfly,
Just wondering if you had to get a dehumidifier into the house before laying the engineered floors? I know that natural solid floors need the rooms to be dried out but Im not sure if engineered solid wood is the same.

We were going to hire a dehumidifier but the electricity wont be turned on so Im wondering if we should just go ahead and lay the floors without the dehumidifier or wait!

Im so impatient, I want everything done now!

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

If its a new build and has only been plastered a few weeks I wouldn't recommend a dehumidifer as they can suck the plaster off the walls, we had the same idea until our plasterer and carpenter warned us not to. Its best to have you heating on down low for at least 2 weeks until you can put your floors and kitchen in.

I've heard of a guy who lit a small fire in his fireplace and kept it going (hes a farmer so was around the house anyway) when he was waiting for heating and managed to dry out the house completely, he laid his floors with no problems

[/URL]
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: