Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Advice please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
butterfly250
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Hey confused

You have done the right thing and moved out u really need to make a clean break as H2B needs to understand its over and that its not going to work. Best of luck
Survivor
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Hiya,
I was in the same situation as you but on the receiving end. My H2B broke up with me for all the reasons you listed (except the cheating one). I have my own opinions on your cheating but that really isn't the issue here, its the fact that you don't love him anymore. You only have 2 choices now:

1. Stay with him, go to counselling and see if it all works out. For this to work you must still want to marry him, which I don't think you do.

2. Break up with him now and fully. Giving him hope will just prolong the torture for him. Trust me its better you do it now than hang on. Be as nice as you possibly can to each other through out the break up. I did this with my ex and it worked well to ease some of the pain. You'll have to move out of the house straight away and give him space and time to grieve. My ex moved out instantly and still paid the rent for 4 months cause he didn't want to make me homeless as well as heartbroken.

The only fair thing to do now is break up. No point wasting anymore of your H2B's life being with you if there is no future in it for him. If you love him as a friend then the kindest thing to do now would be to end it now.

Poor you. I do feel sorry for you. Cause its never easy doing the breaking up either. You'll end up being seen as the villian while your H2B will get tonnes of sympathy. And you'll be heartbroken too losing your best friend. Just be strong and do what you have to do.

Take care and PM me anytime if you want to know how it is from your H2Bs end.
gingerbride
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

Hey there,

I think u r jumping the gun a bit, the spark and romance is not something permanent in a relationship and there is no happy ever after in them either. I think u r deluding urself, this is gonna happen in every relationship, things always become routine and boring, its what u do to keep it exciting. I went down the very same road as u and boy was i sorry. It was so exciting and the more i done it the more i wanted out of my long term relationship. But i assure u, the grass isnt always greener. H2b, isnt bad 2 u n by the sounds of things he is in the dark. If u were to actually sit down and tell him whats in ur head, like the fact that u feel the spark is gone, hed probably tell u he feels the same. I done this without mentioning anything about cheating and realised it wasnt just me. We rectified the problems and somehow i fell madly in love with him again. U have to prioritise here, in the end its about companionship, trust. U gotta work at the rest. This other guy is nice now but id rather the devil i know.
Take care babe,
Hope u get what u want from life!
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: