Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Upset
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRSKP
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Totally agree with the last couple of posts here. If my husband insulted me like that, telling me I was horrible, I might greet him with naked with a few beers alright, but I'd smash the bottles over his head!!!!

Why women feel the need to pander to men sometimes is beyond me. He insulted you, he needs to apologise. Greet him naked with two bottles of beer and then tell him the next time he sees that will be when he apologises!
NoHurry
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

MRSKP wrote:
Greet him naked with two bottles of beer and then tell him the next time he sees that will be when he apologises!

Bwahahahaha! Love it - must remember that!
Mrs Bear
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

If my husband made that 'horrible' remark to me, he would now be my ex-husband (apology or no).
That was an disgusting thing to say.
kitten
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

you had a little bicker, insulted his driving, he said you won't get near the car (which alone is out of order) but what he said next brings a little row into a whole new league. i would stand my ground and make him suffer until he apoligises, and apologises good!

mikeyuna
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I always find the brick-wall silence approach really works - my H2B just cant handle it after a few hours, then I get my apology.
Baby06
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

He hit way below the belt in my opinion, and he knows it, else he wouldn't have come out with the "horibbleness leads to more horribleness" comment. I wouldn't let him away with it and I certainly wouldn't be cooking for him to get back into his good books. We're always slagging each others driving and neither of us hit back with comments like that.

Make him grovel!

sunsparks
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the lack of thanks for the advice and an update. But I'm doing it now!!

Thanks a mill for all the advice. I do agree that meeting him naked with beer was not exactly what I had in mind!! ;)

What did I do?? Well, I chickened out tbh. It had been a couple of days by the time I read these replies, and it felt too late to drag it up and discuss it without reigniting all the emotions attached. I still haven't had an apology, but it's past now (I'm sure until the next row...) and I won't put up with a similar comment again.

He has started to fill up his own petrol tank too. The wuss.
(Although he did call me out last night to check that he had put the cap on properly!!!)

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Ah well. I was hoping you would come back and say you slapped him around the chops a bit, but never mind. I understand what you are saying about it being too late to bring it up now, so be sure to store it for future fights, like all good women do!

(Well done to your hubby re filling the tank, I did it myself for the first time on Monday, I had to ring the hubby while I was in the queue to check whether we took leaded or unleaded...) (and I nearly forgot to turn of the engine....that could have been very bad indeed.)
sunsparks
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

congrats on joining the "I-can-fill-up-my-car" gang Skippy!! ;)

Oh, and everyone makes mistakes - I came SOOOOO close to putting diesel in my unleaded tank one day. Wasn't paying attention and was wondering why the pump wouldn't fit in properly!!!

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you're right to just let it blow over but I don't think he should get away with not apologising to you. Simply because it really was a disgusting thing to say. I will never in my life understand why couples stand for things neither of them would dream of saying to anyone else.
beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Personally i think the whole thing was blown out of proportion anyway.

I think it was in Love story i heard the comment - love means never having to say sorry

boda
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

that's a whole load of bo��ox!!
beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

what is

beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

what is

annied
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

i think she was refering to the love means never having to say sorry ...if ya never had to say sorry ..yad never have make up sex........heaven forbit dont do that to the world woman!!!
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: