Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

BEST HEN EVER - MURDER MYSTERY

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
November Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: BEST HEN EVER - MURDER MYSTERY

Have to mention that I had the best Hen weekend ever last weekend. Everyone has been ringing me to tell me they had a great time. My sister organised a Murder Mystery weekend in Castlebar with the Foxford Lodge would highly recommend it. Everyone got involved and it was brill. Sorry its all over now!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Hen

Hi November Bride,

Sounds like you had a ball. Tell me more about it. How many people do you need and does it cost much?
Li Li
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

yeah it sounds good, fill us in with more details...

Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

I remember checking that out too and it looked really good but I was afraid to go ahead and book it as I didn't know of anyone who had been to it before!!

Oh fill us in!!!!

LadyBug
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Just checked out the website and it looks great - come on, fill us in!

Really want to do something different.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

That's a great idea. Really different

November Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

We stayed in Lough Laragh Lodge - the only thing that went against it was there was no bar!!!! But they were very obliging and allowed us to bring a few into the place and allowed us to drink in the lounge!!!! Very stricked on drinking in the rooms!!!!

the girl that picked us up from the trainstation (anne) was really helpful and charged us �2 each for picking us up and dropping us off!!!!!

The game itself is absolutely brilliant and really organised!!!!!! Heads up - you need to get/collect as much money as possible (all paper/fake) so watch your bags as there was alot of robbing (all in fun!!!) and you actually see a sneaky side to everyone. Even the shyest of people came round and everyone is involved!!!!!! There are different games and you do not know until the night about the game. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere is great. The game ends at around 10.30 and you are brought back to the town or where you are staying (all depends if you want to go out in your costumes!!!! (these are optioneal but they are great fun and I reckon its what made the night) There are plenty of places to choose from in the town for drinking - we went to a place called holiday ??? not really sure will find out but will let you know, massive pub with a dancefloor to the back and no entrance fee which was great!!!!!! Foodwise there is plenty to choose from!!!!! and McDonalds is a 10 min walk just in case anyone gets peckish My sister organised the whole lot and she really done me proud. All in all everyone spent in and around 120 euro for the whole weekend as she charged everyone 250 for the whole weekend and this included a small kitty for drinking for the saturday night.

Hope this helps if you need anything else let me know. I wish I was doing it all over again!!! Those of you who are going on their hens enjoy everyminute of it!!!!!!!!!!
Picnic
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Can I ask a few questions as I am thinking about organising this for my sister next year.

If you didn't bring your own drink with you does that mean that there would be no drinking while the game is going on? Are you in the one room during the game or are you running around a house? How many were with your group? We would have about fourteen, is that enough? Does the game go on over the two days or just the Saturday?

Sorry for all the questions.
dubgal
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

We looked into that when we were planning my friend's hen. It sounded like fun, but we didn't go for it in the end, cos we weren't sure about the location for the rest of the weekend! What else is there to do around there does anyone know?
November Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Can I ask a few questions as I am thinking about organising this for my sister next year.

If you didn't bring your own drink with you does that mean that there would be no drinking while the game is going on? Are you in the one room during the game or are you running around a house? How many were with your group? We would have about fourteen, is that enough? Does the game go on over the two days or just the Saturday?

Sorry for all the questions.

We were taken from Lough Laragh Lodge and brought to a 4 star hotel in Pontoon, really beautiful hotel overlooking the lakes. We could have had the game in the bar of the hotel but we felt we would not really let ourselvess get into character with half a bar looking at us, so we went to a private room. Halfway through the game we were then taken to the restaurant in the hotelm for a 4 course meal which was beautiful. There was 22 in our group but she did say she caters for smaller groups. However your accomodation all depends on the soze of the group!!!!

The game was on the saturday and you are picked up around 4-4.15 and dropped back to the town around 10.30 so you can buy your drink in the bar of the hotel but to be hnest we didnt do much drinking until the meal!!!!

I cannot recommend it highly enough. It was a really great weekend!!!!!
Picnic
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks November Bride.
BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

My sister is just after telling me that she is going to organise this night out for my hen!! I'm so excited! Great to do something different!

Anyone else anymore comments on these murder mystery weekends!!?

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Sounds g8 think the girls organising this weekend for me in April - woo hoooo although Im getting married in Rome so will only have around 12 as cant really ask people that are not going to the wedding hope its not too small a number for the murder nite !

BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure that my sister said that 12 was the min so I am sure you will be fine Roma!

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Hotel Westport do one aswell - not sure if its the same people who do it - did ye have two mad guys dressed as Gardai? Anyway its a mad weekend and great craic!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: