Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Brides of Franc this Sunday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Though from what I could gather, education would not be a priority in their lives. Not the brightest bulbs in the packet by any means.

Ah Murry a bit harsh... I was actually in the same year in college as Gerry and would argue otherwise.

The whole theme wasn't for me, but I did think it looked great and the couple got what they wanted (it being their day and all) which is all that mattered!!

grettle
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

I thought it was a joke they got 20 grand of her parents and remortgaged the rest (15grand) like hello why get married if you do not have any money plus why drag all your guests to Kinnity Castle in Offaly when the could have gone for Cabra Castle in Cavan.

You have to laugh as just because your parents are giving you 20 grand it means you go ott and do not think of saving here and there. Sure after 35grand they did not even have a honeymoon organised. He was a total yes man (oh i have no say in my wedding) sure he even turned around and said sure i would have been happy getting married in my local church and hotel.
nelly
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

apart from the silliness of lets blow 35k - 15 of which is our mortgage on one day - and it was a bit tacky for me I thought Franc made a lot happen with the money. The car let them down i though - I mean it was hardly in keeping wiht the theme....
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

oh i wish i'd seen it.
Ohsohappybride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

I thought it was a very nice wedding and totally to the bride & grooms taste which is the most important thing. Franc's attention to detail was unreal.

Didn't realize his fee was �15k, that's very high but if that's what you want then fair play to anyone who chooses it.

newkid30
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

I watched this last night too.

I thought originally that it sounded so tacky, but they did the function room lovely for the meal, and I thougt that the entertainment outside looked great.

When he redid the room for the band though they never really showed it right. What exactly did they do? It looked really empty compared to earlier in the day.

I didnt like the church, totally OTT and tacky, less is more!
And the brooms were such a gimmick too.

I sort of felt sorry for the groom, like he had no say in it, but maybe that's just the type he is?
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

to be fair it wasnt my taste at all, im not into 'themed' weddings, your wedding day is your wedding day and there is no need for a 'theme' but by the same token, each to their own... we all have different ideas about our big day and if that was their dream day then hats off.. why not!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: