Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Water coming up through the floor - wtf?

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bride.
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Water coming up through the floor - wtf?

I noticed yesterday some water seeping up through the floor boards downstairs in our house, has anyone ever dealt with this?

I'm presuming it's a burst pipe under the floor or else related to the nearby radiator but does anyone know if this is a huge issue? I'm panicking it's going to cost us a fortune right before the wedding and Christmas.

tallulah
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi bride get onto a plumber straight away and also onto your house insurance company, It should be covered by that but you'd want to get it sorted ASAP.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

oh sh*te it sounds really serious!
nelly
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

it is probably a leaking radiator, check before and after you turn on the heating. It could be seal that has worn away. Do a bit of investigating before you go calling a "pro"!
karen1979
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi bride, i hope you haven't got wooden floors, if you have they will be ruined if this problem is not sorted. Water makes wood expand and then when it dries it will shrink. So if your floors are varnished this will crack.
On a happier note though this will all be covered in your house insurance.
I hope it's not too bad and you get it sorted!

Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Contact your insurance company asap!!

Find out exactly what your policy covers!!

Don't mean to alarm you but some policies don't cover for pipes as they see that as wear and tear and that it's up to the owner to upgrade them when necessary!! Check it out and see exactly what you're covered for!!

I just know this because we had a shower leak in a house that we have rented out. The insurance company wouldn't cover for the cost of repairing the pipework!!

Good luck!!

Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Although they wouldn't cover the cost of repairing / replacing the pipework they covered everything else!!

Bride.
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a million girls! I checked and it didn't seem to be related to the heating although we were having problems with some of the rads and we do have wooden floors so I was starting to panic.

I called the plumber from our housing site (only a new house so builders still around) and it turned out that our washing machine hadn't been fitted well enough and there was a leak from the tube at the back, phew! All fixed now and he fixed my rads all for free thank god.

Was anticipating a huge flood disaster right before the wedding so very relieved now!

Thanks for all your replies !

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: