Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

The Pope's Children

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radish
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: The Pope's Children

Anyone see it last night? Or recognise themselves maybe??!
I enjoy David McWilliams, have to say.
Liked the comment about the girl who "is the type of girl who pulls her juicy couture tracksuit down instead of up when she gets out of the car" !
blondebride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject:

i missed it but i read the book, it's hilarious!! I could pick out bits of myself and bits of other people i know...i suppose most of us on here ARE the Pope's Children!

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Another program telling us what we already know about ourselves.

What? We didnt have any money in the early nineties & we are all 'jeep driving soccer mom's' now?

Fuc* off ging....
Skippy
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

I am just reading his book at the moment. My brother brought it over with him when he visited. It is scarily accurate in some cases, but I don't think we are as americansied as he makes out. At least I hope not but Ireland has changed so much in the very short time I have been away (4 years) and every time I go back there are huge changes.

It's a huge difference compared to the 80's when there was something like 20% unemployment. I hope we never see those days again and I have no problem with people having bigger houses, American fridges and nice cars but as long as we don't lose the run of ourselves.

And it kind of says it all when we have all this wealth but depression is at an all time high in Ireland.....
hunky_dorey
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject:

pompous git
Nantes
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

God he annoys me.....he has a constant smirk on his face. I feel his observations are 90% catchphrase, 10% substance.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: