Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Bands & DJs in Limerick / Munster

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Bands & DJs in Limerick / Munster

Hello!
I'm getting married in Limerick in April 07 and am starting to panic a little! I know there are loads of posts about bands in Limerick, but unfortunately, I've only looked into them now and I fear I've left it a bit late to get a good band. Mad Hatters, Atomic Chicken, Little Creatures, The News & The Deerhunters are all gone already. Tapestry are still available but I read some mixed reports about them in some posts on various sites. Does anyone know any other good bands in Limerick that they would recommend? Or even a band anywhere in MUnster that are good and might be prepared to travel? Maybe a trad band or something? It's all my own fault! I should have made the effort earlier but my long list of excuses won't help me now!!! Does anyone know any good DJs either? And finally, has anyone ever used one of those Irish Dancing groups as the post dinner entertainment before the band? Any help would be appreciated!!!
Moo 2
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Dj : George Lee. Paul Prenderville ( djs easy to get, lots of local lads will do it)
Band: I was at a wedding with Tapestry. I thought they were grand now. The sound was v good and they were good craic. If youre cutting it fine and they are still available, maybe risk it??
Im going with The Dynamics from Cork ( they have a website) but they are fairly popular, might not be available for your date. Did you try The News? They are v good, from Limerick area. Theres a few more cant think of them now.
If you need them pm me and Ill find a list ( hotels give a list when you enquire). Dont be worrying. Itll sort itself out

Rachel Karen Green
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Friends of ours had Handipac and thought they were good. The band's from Tipp but they travelled to Clare.

"Come on Daddy, listen to me. Its like all of my life everyone has always told me...You're a shoe, you're a shoe, you're a shoe and then today I just stopped and I said what if I don't want to be a shoe...what if I want to be a purse...or a hat. No I don't want you to buy me a hat...I'm saying that I am a hat...Its a metaphor Daddy!"

Mrs Paula
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

We had Wall Street, they are a very good band from Mitchelstown. They had the dance flor full all night and i would highly recommend them. Contact person is Dave Mulcahy 025 84573
jollyOct07
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Did you try "Keep in Touch". My brother had them for his wedding and they were good.
BettyBride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi there,
I'm getting married in Limerick too in Aug 07 and booked The News but you said they're already booked for your date. We went to see Le chico and they were really good and very lively though we thought they might be a bit too funky for our aunts and uncles but well worth a look at! Contact no. is 087 7710029.
We booked a DJ called Harry who we saw playing one nite and he was really good and will play any songs you want Contact no.061 416169.
Hope you get sorted but I'm sure you'll be fine! Best of luck.
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Thanks all for all the help!
To Moo 2: thanks for all the advice on the DJ and the band - unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the Dynamics yet and The News are gone but I'll try the Dynamics again. Handipac are gone and I haven't heard back yet from Wall Street and JollyOct07, if you have a contact number for Keep In Touch, it would be great as I can't find any name on the web. I did have some luck though with Le Chico and I'll hopefully get to hear them hopefully at a pub over the weekend. Not a wedding I know, but if I don't like them in the pub, I def won't like them at a wedding (that's my mad logic anyway as I haven't enough spare weekends to hear these bands!) I also will get to listen to Word For Word at a dinner in about a fortnight - does anyone know anything about them? To Moo 2 - I won't book Tapestry just yet, only as I won't get to hear them for ages - mid to late Dec as although they are playing a few times between now and Christmas, they clash with my friends hen/wedding. If the other two bands don't work out in the meantime though, I'll be reconsidering!!! Thanks everyone!
clumsy
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I second Handipak they really made our wedding.They had all the weddin party sitting on the floor for one song.We did the train and the love tunnell they had us up on stage singing with them.Everyone spoke about how brilliant they were.
Paddy O'Sullivan
Bonane
Kilrush
Co.Limerick
087 8199720
we had our wedding the Castleoaks.Paddy is a bit weird to talk to.But the band are brilliant
clumsy
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

oops sorry I didn't realise they were already gone
dec07 evey
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi
The final touch band aka the lollygaggers are excellent have booked them for my wedding.The website is www.finaltouchband.com.The are 3 times better when you hear them play live and they have a wide range of songs.Hope you have some luck with getting someone.

Evey
dec07 evey
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Hi
The final touch band aka the lollygaggers are excellent have booked them for my wedding.The website is www.finaltouchband.com.The are 3 times better when you hear them play live and they have a wide range of songs.Hope you have some luck with getting someone.

Evey
Pricilla
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Escapade are brilliant. I was at a wedding recently and they were fantastic, almost thought about cancelling my own and going with them but I love the band we got (Raindance from Galway) and am not changing plans now!
They were really good though, they're from Limerick. Dance floor was full all night. I could ask someone from the wedding for their number if you want me to.
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for that! I rang escapade and they are free on that date - so will look at them as well in a week or too - they seemed very helpful on the phone! I tried Final Touch Band but unfortunately they were gone too - I think the moral of the story is to book early!
el_loco_blanco
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Wedding band Limerick

Hi there,

I'm getting married too in April in Limerick. I went to see loads of bands recently. Handipack and The News were very good. Jukebox heroes (www.sextonentertainment.com) were brill and were available for our date in April (21st). We eventually got Vertigo from Dublin who were willing to travel for a small fee but still ended up a lot cheaper than all the bands we saw. Where is your reception? If it is a big room Big Johnnie C and the Southern Playboys were really good but you would need a big room. If you need any contact details let me know.
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Hey there! Thanks for the advice! I had thought about picking a band up here but I was sure they would be way too expensive when you included travelling (in fact I thought you'd end up putting them up in the hotel and that it would cost a small fortune depending on the size of the band!) It's interesting to think it's affordable! There'll be around 100 - 125 at the wedding so it's not very big but I'll check out the bands! Thanks!
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: