Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Irish Dancing

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Irish Dancing

Hello there!
Does anyone know of any groups doing Irish dancing during the weddings as the pre band entertainment? H2B and I both like Irish music, though the dancing wouldn't be my thing (too many memories of being marched off to classes as a child!). I know though it can be a lot more atmospheric in the post Riverdance era. There are a few posts mentioning it, but nothing recent? Does anyone have any ideas for any other irish based pre band entertainment, or anything else in fact? Salsa is great but the H2B just doesn't get it at all!
Any ideas appreciated!
Aislinn C
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

yeah thee is a group called celtic rhythm and another called mystic force they have websites so maybe google them

worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Hey there!
Thanks for the advice - I've looked up Celtic Rhythm and they are actually the band that the H2B saw that made him want Irish dancers in the first place! (Some drunken night in the Arlington where they seem to perform regularly!). I've left a message with them so hopefully they'll be available, fingers crossed!

I tried googling Mystic Force but I've had no luck! I'm getting loads of power rangers links and plenty of info on mystic ireland but no dance troupe! I know some of these groups take a while to get on the web! Thanks!
worrier
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Hey there!
Thanks for the advice - I've looked up Celtic Rhythm and they are actually the band that the H2B saw that made him want Irish dancers in the first place! (Some drunken night in the Arlington where they seem to perform regularly!). I've left a message with them so hopefully they'll be available, fingers crossed!

I tried googling Mystic Force but I've had no luck! I'm getting loads of power rangers links and plenty of info on mystic ireland but no dance troupe! I know some of these groups take a while to get on the web! Thanks!
shy-bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I am actually getting irish dancers to dance at my wedding but i am going to the local irish dancing classes where i know a couple of 17 -19 year old girls who said they would do it for me for a very very reasonable price.....so check out your local dance classes they will be glad to perform ....you can negoiate a price yourself......i got a price for 500euro for 8 dancers five girls and three lads....which i think it a brill price......i saw celtic rhythm at bridal fair last feb and i wasnt impressed with them at all...went to local dance class and they were just brill.....
emma1980
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject:

have to agree with shy-bride, saw celtic rythum at a wedding lst year, they were good, but nthing outstanding....good idea re the irish dancing school....
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: