Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Recessed Lighting

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mollyg
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: Recessed Lighting

Hi,
This is similiar to the other post re lights and sockets, we are trying to get quotes off electricians...and he asked to show in our plans where we wanted recessed lighting? Is anybody able to cast some light (sorry!) on where these are best? Are they much more expensive and if so are they worth it? Would love some advice, am getting so stressed about all the decisions to be made...
scposie
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject:

what room were you thinking of and how many do you think you would like?
h2B is an electrician I can ask tomorrow evening as he is at second job tonight and I am working early in the morn so neither awake lol at same time till tomorrow evening. PM or email me if you'd like.

Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

we were shocked @ the price for these even though its a relative doing it but still pricey though i dont think he doing us any favours!

its 400 for 8spots for us!

So thats what we got quoted so we went for it as its all one room living kitchen and we thought it'll add to the effect and then 4 more in kitchen.

Hall, Stairs and landing and bedrooms we havent bothered with it only in Bathroom

We will get nice fittings for Bedroom and have ones for the rest of house already that recess into the ceiling!

All in all the whole thing to get it all wired is 4300 needs a new fuse box and everything it really is a little hole our new house!

C
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Mollyg,

It's really up to yourselves and your own personal taste. Do expect to pay approx. �50 per light.

We re-wired our house (old 1953 house) recently and we got recessed lighting in the kitchen, dining room, hall, landing, and attic conversion. We will be getting them in our bathroom next year when that is being done.

We love them (obv!!) and have them in chrome. We have dimmers on some of them - in the dining room for example - and they can be lowered so they are not so bright and modern if you have people over for dinner, etc and can make the room really relaxing. They are fab in the kitchen and halls as they are so bright and reflect off everything

Am rambling now....

C
scposie
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

�50 sounds bout right.
Might still ask The other half tonight if you would like.

mollyg
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks all of ye..now I really want recessed lighting..even though before I hadn't really thought about it, can tell am going to get obsessed with having it....
LivDec2007
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

girls - just as an FYI....

H2B is an electrician. The standard rate is 75 euro per light so if you are getting it cheaper then thats great. My H2B works for a company and thats how much the company charge its customers. My advice would be to get an electrician to do it as a nixer you will get it for about 40 a light. The problem with recessed lighting is that its often a lot of work on the part of the electrician to get them in so that is why they are so expensive. In ceilings you have to deal with the wood joists so that is very awkward. Putting them upstairs in a house is much simpler as they will get access from the attic. My adice is if you cant get a nixer then ask for a reduced rate for the upstairs lights.

I hope this helps

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: