Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

florist for castle durrow wedding

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byrnesbabes
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: florist for castle durrow wedding

i am geting married in castle durow next july and are using a local church in ballacolla, does anyone know of a local man/woman in the area that does church decoration/flowers. i feel that i am being ripped off by the one and only florists in durrow. [/i][/b]
CityGirl
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Yes there does seem to be a nice little monopoly going on there. I did look for others but didn't have alot of luck and in the end decided am going to do them myself. (Flower arranging course starts in January!)

However there are a couple of places in Portlaoise town and also theres lots in Kilkenny City, both of which are only about half an hour away from Durrow so am sure if you talked to some of those florists they'd do it, or at least so you can get some comparable quotes.

Failing that ask the priest or sacristin in your church who they use, I am not using Ballcolla church but I asked in my church and they recommended the Durrow guy!
shellied
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: flowers

Try flowers by Lucy 1800 508080
Thanks a bunch 056 7761979
Lamber de Bie 056 770161
Inside out 056 7761734
byrnesbabes
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

thanks amill , will try these.
cooler1
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

i feel like i am having the same problem, not happpy with the service from the florists in durrow, they are about e40 over what others are charging for bouquets. and its hard to get any information or advice from the hotel. i am getting married there next year too and its hard when you dont live in the area, i'm from dublin too.
Frad
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Pam's Flowers 086 8521753

She's based in Roscrea but it wouldn't be far from there, I'm using the church in Clough (I'm from Laois) and she didn't have a problem with that location and it's only about 2miles from Ballacolla.

cooler1
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

thats great i'm using the church in clough too, will try her tomorrow. it seems like a nice little church and the priest seems grand. the balcony is handy for the music.
pollie
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I used Lawlors Florist in Durrow. He did any amazing job and I thought he was really resonable. We got married in Abbeyleix and I had numerous bouquets on the alter and pew ends Loan of 2 bay trees for the entrace. 1 bridesmaid me, 3 corsages and about 7 buttonholes all for �650. I'm from Waterford and it's double here. I thought Oliver was great to deal with and the church looked really amazing. He is the florist for the Castle also.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: