Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

sorrento wedding

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiggy_jo
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: sorrento wedding

hi girls-am new to all this! was thinking of booking with sunway for ceremony in sorrento sept 2007. anyone have any feed back or advice? or any recommendations for flowers/photos/hair ect in sorrento would be great!
MISE
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Sorrento Wedding

We went over to Sorrento just this October with the hope of booking our wedding there...(this is just our opinion) but it was not for us because... it was not the coastal experience we imagined in that it had beautiful fews but we found it very touristy and it really just didn't feel right for us...

We also met another couple who got married in Rome and had their honeymoon in Sorrento and they too thought it wasn't great. They highly recommended Rome..

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me ... don't mean to be negative but it was our few.

Best of luck...
buster
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I got married in Sorrento a few weeks ago, its fantastic. We used Curragh Travel in Newbride, Kildare, it cost us 750 euro for the ceremony, this includes the translator, the bouquet and the button hole. Our photographs were 350 euros we paid for 36 but we actually got 42 in a big leather album. We stayed in the Antiche Mura Hotel which is central to everything. We got married in a civil ceremony in the ruins of an old franciscan monestary, it was the most fantastic day of my life and highly recommend it to anyone. Everyone was so helpful, we only took close family with us, and they all said it was the best wedding they were ever at. The lady who I dealt with was Andrea and she is brilliant.
Nantes
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Have you thought about going a little further down the coast than Sorrento? We went to a friend's wedding in Santa Maria de Castellabate (you still fly into Naples) and it was wonderful. THis is the planner she used: http://www.amoreweddings.ie/

Personally I think Sorrento has a retirement feel to it. Lovely in it's own way, but we ran to the airport after a week's holiday there.

jiggy_jo
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

thanks for that girls, i should have made myself clearer tho, we have chosen sorrento, have visited and really like it. it was sunway i am having problems with, not being clear on when we can confirm dates, not returning call and e-mails ect, and i just wondered if anyone else had similar experience. we havnt paid any money yet so its not too late to go with another company, i just think it shouldnt be this difficult!!
buster
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Geeze your very rude MISE, I got married there in October and you go and say it has a retirement feel to it. You didn't get married there so really you don't know. You may have visited it but its not the same. I have been on holidays to many destinations all over the world but if someone asked for an opinion as to what it was like to get married there, well I wouldn't comment as I wouldn't know. Would you like if someone did that to you, I don't think so.

Sorrento is a beautiful place, I have never heard anyone say that they didn't enjoy it. All our wedding party had a blast, it was the most fantastic day of our life, the weather was beautiful, the setting was to die for, the restaurent we went to was brilliant, and our wedding planner over there, Maureen Russo from Campora Travel was excellent, she organised hairdresser, cars everything for me. The photographer she arranged for us only cost us 350 euros for 42 pictures, (we only paid for 36) and it came in a leather album, if you ring Curragh Travel in Newbridge they will give you the price listing, its 750 euros for the wedding ceremony, the translator which you have to have, your bouquet and your h2b's button hole.
MISE
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi

Firstly to Buster I did not say anything about it having a retirement feel, and what I did was give my opinion of someone else, which is what this forum is about!!! I only gave MY opinion and it was indeed not to be rude. I believe wherever is right for a couple will make the place right and that is the most important thing!!

Secondly its Friday so have a crunchy and best of luck to everyone with your wedding plans...wherever it is!!!
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: