Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

THE PERSUADERS BAND

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUDE25
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: THE PERSUADERS BAND

ANYONE USE THEM OR WILL BE USING THEM FOR THEIR WEDDING AND CHURCH/DRINKS RECEPTION MUSIC. HAS ANYONE HEARD THEM PLAY AT ALL. HAVE HEARD THEIR SAMPLE ON THEIR WEBSITE BUT ALL BANDS SOUND THE SAME ON THEIR SAMPLES I THINK.

ANY OPINION AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I STILL HAVENT BOOKED A BAND OR ANY MUSIC AND THE WEDDING IS SEVEN MONTHS AWAY!!!! HELP!

Thebiglad
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Persuaders

Hi Jude25

We were going to book these - Went to see them play last week and decided not to go with them - Not sure if it was just a bad wedding for them. But they took a very long break and did not put any background music on. Spoke to the manager of the hotel and he said that they were the worst band he has had in the hotel.
I was really looking forward to booking these and now wtb wont let me even talk about them.

Cheers
JUDE25
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

oh thats not good. we are going to see them on dec 2nd, so will see then. Anyway thanks for your opinion. Good luck with the band shopping!!

skeane
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Hi Jude

We saw them play at a wedding in Citywest during the summer and they werent great at all. There was only about 5 people on the dance floor for the half hour we were there. They didnt seem to get the crowd interested at all. Might just have been an off night for them though
newkid30
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm really surprised to hear those comments, we had them at our wedding in July and they were fantastic!!
Dance floor full all night and got so many compliments on them.
We got married in the Ardilaun in Galway, and the co-ordinator actually commented to us that they were the best wedding band she had seen in ages.

It might depend what kind of music you want? we were thrilled!!
Thebiglad
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: The Persuaders

I agree - It could just have been a bad night for them. But now that we have seen them wtb just wont book them. I had heard so many good thing about them. I know one of them was in the Memorys. But I think you are better off going to see them.

Cheers
redsqurirrel
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

we have them booked for our wedding in March so I bloody hope it was an off night for them!!! There are a lot of positive posts on them on WOL though so fingers crossed! They were also Googles Wedding Band of the year this year so...
� Ceallaigh
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: THE PERSUADERS BAND

Im not sure whether Thebiglad saw the right band that night coz I saw the persuaders at a friends wedding in Killashee Hotel in Naas not so long ago and they were one of the best wedding bands I ever saw. The floor was full the whole night too...

S�amus
Thebiglad
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: The Persuaders

Hi Seamus

I would rather not mention were I seen them - But it was not in Naas. As I said I went there hoping to book them and I do honestly hope it was just the wedding and not the band that was the problem. I have heard great things about them. So you ever booked them I'm sure they will be great. But I know I wont be having them - I'm having the Great Escape instead.

Cheers
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: