Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Is a Cath Church Wedding possible minus religious trappings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Legal & Religious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taytos
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

A lot of couples in Ireland who are not religious and perhaps may not believe in God choose to marry in a catholic church for whatever reason, maybe because its expected of them. Many attend the pre marriage course because they have to in order to marry in their local or chosen church. And many have requested all sorts of things to be left out of the mass. If the priest is ok with it then you can do whatever you like. Although i doubt very much if he will leave out God!
Youagain
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

gone_mad_bridezilla
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject:

annsmyth wrote:
Hm... I didn't think I was that venomous, but fair enough. I just assumed - I shouldn't, because I don't know these women - that they had to be pretty unhappy in themselves to post such nasty replies to Siobod. And since this is a wedding forum, it stood to reason that this unhappiness might be wedding- or marriage-related. I am guessing that is what you meant when you said I was nasty? For the record, I hope you all have perfectly wonderful love lives, sorry for assuming otherwise
as

I really dont want to participate in this anymore but I think its really dreadful belittling people because they feel that they should show respect and loyalty to their own believes... its just a bit petty rolling out things like the notion of the world being flat etc... and eh "deliberately provoking people with a lovely condesending attitude to boot" annsmyth.
To reiterate yes you have said some nasty things so then if we all go by your rules you must be very unhappy and on the verge of a break up... truely ridiculous reasoning.

To be honest I really do emphathise with your situation siobad there always seems to be loads of crazy hurdles to get the wedding you want and everyone else wants, and i apologise if anything i said was unfair or harsh... anyway i hope you get something sorted and from what you have said you seem to be mad about your husband to be so wishing you both lots of hapiness together.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Legal & Religious All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: