Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Venue being sold

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBS
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Venue being sold

Hi
Got a shock when I heard our venue for next Year has gone on the market.
Have been told they are just testing the waters and if there is a sale it shouldn't effect my wedding as it would take 6 months for all to go through.
Should I be panicking or should I just hope for the best.
Has anyone else booked here, maybe we could keep each other posted.
Thanks
bride180807
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

whats hotel name & where is it...

Lady Di
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Hi BBS - same thing happened with Kinnitty. I opened the Times on a Thursday in June and there is was for sale. New owners were meant to take over in September and they STILL haven't. Basically we were told that it was in the contracts that they would have to honour all of the weddings to come. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes OK - where's your venue?

Whitewedding
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Hi BBS,

I am getting married in your venue aswell next month. We found out about 3 weeks ago that it was up for sale and like you, I was very concerned that our wedding would be affected. The hotel said the same to me as they did to you, basically that as our wedding was before christmas, that we had nothing to worry about. But, as long as you know that it might not be sold as a going concern, and are still prepared to chance it. If it was me and my wedding wasn't for another 6 months, I honestly think I would be looking for another venue. I know it's an absolute pain, but unless you can get it in writing that regardless of who owns the hotel, that your day will still go ahead, I would be looking around. It would just be an added stress that you wouldn't need in the last few months before the day itself. But, it's obviously you're own decision and maybe it will all work out just fine.
BBS
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Sorry the hotel is Bert House Athy.
Thanks for replies.
White wedding, We are thinking about jumping ship but may be hard to get a wedding for a sat for small no.s. Yes I know there is a chance it may not continue as a hotel which is more worrying. Am going to look into other options anyway. If you hear anything at all please let me know.
Your wedding will be fine anyway. Have a great day and let us know how it goes.
BBS
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

oops forgot to ask,
If anyone has been in this situation whats the chances of getting deposti back in these circumstances? Do I have any leg to stand on? I swuppose this is where insurance comes in which we don't have.
lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be overly worried about it at all. I would try to get it in writing that you would like confirmation that everything would be alright for your wedding but chances of any major changes being made in the next 6 months are unlikely. If they haven't found a buyer they will still have to do so and then there is all the contract and exchange stuff to go through.

Have a look around at other venues if it makes you feel a bit better, but I wouldn't worry yourself sick about it. Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.

MrsH2Boct07
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

This happened to a friend of mine last year, they're hotel was sold before the wedding and was under new management a few weeks before her wedding. I've been ato a few weddings in the same hotel and I never noticed the difference. It wa sold as a going concern which for them meant almost all the staff even stayed the same.
BBS
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

thanks for your reassuring comments. I'm still concerned it may not go as a going concern. Going to look at options
Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Get your contracts that you signed with the hotel and READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!

I know a girl who was getting married in the Shelbourne Hotel and with 6 months to go to her wedding they sold up!! They didn't help her relocate or anything!!!

When they told her to read the small print, there it was!!!!! They had no obligation to relocate her or to have her wedding.

wowee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

That's scary ChristmasB

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Our hotel was sold and hand over to new mgt before we got wed

I wont lie, it did present a number of hassles but it also presents some opportuntities

We had to well and truly fight for things that were agreed (some of them in writing) but then the new owners then tried to impose a few extras things i.e. dj plug in
I also think however we got away with a few things. i.e. we said oh well agreed that with previous mgt

My advise is stay firm on the things that you wanted and agreed withb previous mgt, make a fuss and you usually get what you want!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: