Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Guest List Issues

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beaner
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Guest List Issues

Is anyone having as many problems with this as me? Seriously stressful teary eyed moment about it... SUCKS!!!!

ARGH.. I have one Uncle who's been VERY good to me in the past. Took me in for Christmas one year and everything.... But most of my relatives seem to be fighting with him. Plus he likes the drink. And everyone says that it's a bad idea for him to come at all. I don't know... I don't know... I don't know.... I want to invite his 2 kids who I'm kinda close to. Oh damn... I don't know. Please... someone tell me what to do???? Please?

lou gav
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Do what you want. Maybe have a word with him before the wedding about laying off the drink for one night. Or maybe ask one of your cousins to do that for you. You can just out him sitting with other people. If he means that much to you he should be there. These people who are objecting to him, did they ever put you up at Christmas?????

wowee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

If you want him there invite him. If you don't - Don't. At the end of the day, it's your wedding and you should have everyone around you that you want.

Doesn't matter if everyone is fighting with him, they should have enough self control not to do/say anything on your wedding day.

Guest lists are always a drama aren't they

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Guest List

Definately invite him. It is your wedding day and everyone should be able to get along for one day.
Mrs to be
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Invite him! Don't mind everyone else. Similar experience in my family, my dad's family are split down the middle, half of them don't talk to one another, it's ridiculous. I've invited everyone because I get on with them all but they probably won't go to the reception anyway, but sure at least they're invited.

You could get one of his kids to have a quiet word with him about his drinking, if you're that close to him I'm sure he won't go overboard on the day anyway.

Good luck with your decision x

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Yes I agree with all the other posters. Sure if you are getting married in Ireland then I am sure there will be a lot of big drinkers at the wedding, not just him!

I think it is great that he had you for Christmas that time and also there is the fact that he must think a lot of you to ask you to have at Christmas.

Think of it from his POV, he would be heartbroken if he wasn't asked. Also think of you and your hubby on the evening of your wedding, when all the big stuff, like the church and meal are over, and you are out dancing to your band, wouldn't you like to be able to have a dance with him to say thanks?

Weddings are funny things, you have to try and please everyone.....but afterwards would you be able to look him in the eye if you didn't ask him?

I think you know what you should do....
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: