Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

ESB, Anyone else have hassle with them?

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: ESB, Anyone else have hassle with them?

Hi,
Our house is very near completion and I am just wondering if anyone else had trouble getting the ESB to come and connect them up?
Our builder has been chasing them for weeks and now we are chasing them ourselves. We get a different person every day and every day its a different story. Today we were told they would connect us within 10 days but Im not sure whether I believe this.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced delays on the part of the ESB and how you dealt with it?

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

You're putting the heeby jeebys into me know!!

Ours was to be connected up last Friday and when I rang them I was told very abrubtly that we're doing the best that we can for you and you'll have it in 2-3 weeks (I never rang them annoying them before) anyway I figured right so 2-3 weeks isn't too bad.

I gues I can expect it to take longer now?!

[/URL]
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh God, that doesnt sound good! Jeez they are the pits, I have heard nothing but bad reports!
People paying mortgages for months without any electricity!

Someone else told me the more you keep on at them the more they put you off so what can you do! Sit around in hope that you are on their list for this week!

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Hey, my husband rang the ESB up and told them I was coming home from hospital with a new baby & that we desparately wanted to move back into our house and our connection was a week later. A few white lies will do no harm.

Good Luck.
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...... Ill have to think about what lies to make up!

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject:

We had hassel with them aswell

Bought a house last year and took a week off work to get things done and move in.

problem was the house was ready and we had no elec

Rang them loads of times and the told me that they were waiting on some form from the builder. The builder said that they had sent them in

Got the key with elec but got it 2 days later

Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

The form they are looking for is the completion cert from the electrician, it has to be sent to RECI and then I think they send it onto the ESB, Still no luck with them, going to try again Monday now.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Yellyelly, Just wondering if the ESB have come to connect you yet?

I phoned them again this morning and they said someone will be out to connect mine by the end of next week - I seriously doubt it though!

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: ESB

[[size=18]color=darkblue]Hi there,
I've never posted a message on this site, so forgive me if i do it wrong!
Just wondering how long it took the ESB to connect you once they got the cert from the electrician?
Our electrician is hopefully going to give us the cert next week so we are hoping to have electricity connected about 2 weeks after that. Is that realistic?[/color]
[/size]
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Hello there and Welcome! I am thrilled to say that the ESB put in our meter today and say that we will have electricity on Monday or Tuesday - Fingers crossed!!! I dont think there are any rules with them, they are different with every house, you just have to keep on their backs until they hook you up - Good Luck!

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Not getting ESB into my house but I am a Construction Project Manager and therefore know all about getting ESB onto every major project I have been involved with. They are the same every time. You really do need to keep on their backs full time as they are a law onto themselves. You really have to make sure all the paperwork has gone in ,get your project number from them and make sure your electrician is in contact over connection aswell as yourselves.

Good Luck and I hope you are all connected soon.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: