Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

What should i do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
septbride07
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

personally I think you have some serious thinking to do with regards to this wedding and whether you should go through with it.

We have to get real here, irrespective of this other guy (just leave him to one side for the moment) do you love your h2b and do you seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY want to commit to marriage with him because something screams from your post that you don't feel ready. I think you might be using this situation with this guy as a 'get out' (u might not even realise you're doing it) and I don't even think he is the one for you either and if you're honest with yourself I don't think you do either, actually from reading your post I don't think either of them are the one for you. I am really, really not trying to be harsh and if I'm coming across that way I'm sorry but I do think it would be extremely selfish of you to walk down the aisle with a guy just because they are 'reliable'! That's not fair there has to be a more to it than that a LOT more.

Nobody can answer these questions except you. U need to do some serious thinking and I really do wish you the best of luck which ever route you decide to take.

shin
Royal Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject:

hey gingerbride, firstly i really feel your anguish and theres nothing as horrible in the world. can i just say, i really think your underestimating your own strength here and your actually tougher than you think believe it or not. i went through something like that and it was the very same thing. i was madly in love with my best friend and my mind convinced myself that we were solemates. it was a horrible, anxious time and i couldnt envisage myself moving on from this person. its only in the last two years that those feelings have completely, completely dissapeared and i never thought id see the day that id feel like that. this person was my best friend and i had such awful knots in my stomach whenever we met up for a drink etc.

Gingerbride, i know you dont see this now and its terribly confusing for you but trust its a simple case of lifes way of testing you and maturing your mind if you get me. i hope i dont sound condesending by the way. naturally if you have this other person texting you, contacting you and throwing profound, desirable propositions at you, itd be hard to consider but thats all exactly that is....notions. imagine the other side of the coin in an unbiaesd frame of mind if you can, that you were living with him and finally got together, i guarantee that it wouldnt be as romantic as your mind has convinced you itd be. the reality never lives up the dream unfortunately. Never mind anyone else for a minute do yourself one big favour, stop contact with this friend for a while even if that means for you to be firm and distant with him, after a few months you will see that youll quickly recover from him. you chose your h2b for a reason, i think all thats happend now is that youve lost sight of that reason.

pm me any time you like and trust your own strength

shinxx
gingerbride
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanx Shin u're an . Ye i guess thats it in a nut shell. I prob was fooling meself and allowing myself be dragged down a path that prob does not even exist. Ye this guy wud prob only kick me in2 touch when the challenge was gone anyway.....

I find myself gazin at h2b and asking a lot of questions 2 myself, 1 being if he only realised i had 2nd thoughts hed prob do me a favour and dump me anyway.

Im seriously depressed and put off doing more arranegments.. I cant think about them now even tho theres loads 2 do.
weektee
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

i really feel for you that you're so depressed during a time that should be so happy for you!! i think tho that if u think it'd be doing you a favour if your H2B was to dump you... then maybe you two need to talk? if u do need to talk with someone tho, and u cant to ur H2B, then feel free to PM me... im sorry that you're so down!! xx

BarbadosBride
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Hope you can give yourself time to look at this realistically.

Marriage is tough at times and you need to go into it with your whole heart otherwise there wont be enough to keep your marriage together to withstand the things life can throw at you.

Dont be swayed too much by this other guy and also ask yourself some very honest questions about your feelings for your h2b
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: