WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Donegal Brides

Donegal Brides

Postby babog1981 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:57 pm

Hi,

I am calling out to all Brides within the Donegal area. I am living and working in Dublin but getting married in my home county of Donegal.

I am finding it ridiculously hard to source a wide range or vendors and suppliers from the area. And by not living up their any more I miss out on the word of mouth opportunities too. And I am finding that alot of suppliers do not have either websites or email address (which just seems crazy in this day and age)

Thought maybe if this Topic takes off that it could be a good way of sourcing names, details and recommendations from other wollies:

So to start off this is who I have booked:

Church: The Church of the Irish Martyrs
Venue: The Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa
Band: The Cufflinks
DJ: Martin Mc Daid
Cars: McLaughlin Wedding Cars
Wedding Singer: Mary Ruddy
Cake Topper: Design Your Moments
Photographer: Paul McGuckin
Videographer: Timeless Productions, NI
Grooms men suits: Evolve

Still trying to find:
Make Up Artists: Need
Hair Stylist: Need
Cake: Currently awaiting quotation from O'Hehirs
Flowers: Need
Wedding Favours: Need

If anyone wants any numbers or email address let me know and I'll send them on.
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Re: Donegal Brides

Postby Decisions11 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:20 am

Silver tassie is FAB. Was at a wedding there last year and the new room is really really nice.

Also using McLaughlin Wedding Cars, Charlie is such a nice man.

Hopefully this might be some help to you:

Hair: The Edge, Letterkenny (they do make up also but had my make up sorted by time I found this out) Jackie is owner and does all the wedding styles
Make Up: Daneka Wilson, she is from longford but travels nationwide. She did a trial and it was by far the best I had. Delighted with it
Flowers: Tiger Lilly, Letterkenny
Cake: Getting from Dublin and my brother is bringing up the day before

What is Martin Mc Daid like for DJ? I still have to sort this.
Decisions11
Royal Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:25 am

Martin McDaid is really good but sometimes his son does it too. We had booked him for my H2B mum's 60th bday a few years ago, and he got a few wedding bookings from it that night. Every wedding i have been too where he has DJ'd the floor has been full. We didn't even look at anyone else. If ya need his number let me know. P.s Thanks for the hair & makeup details looking into them now. :)

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Postby Decisions11 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:48 am

If you could pm me his details it would be great, thanks :wv
Decisions11
Royal Wolly

Postby ianstuart » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:35 am

Hi girls hope i can be of some help ,i got married in Sept and i used there suppliers and highly recommend them
Hair...The Edge Jackie and her team were just fantastic , she took into consideration my dress and make up and gave me the vintage theme that was very modern i was looking for they came to the house the morning of the wedding and made me feel completely relaxed and made a wee fuss over mum when she would get a little teary.

Make up. I used Angela from The Powder Room in Letterkenny 085 7776821 she is a MAC make up artist. She also came to the house the morning of the wedding. When i was phoning around trying to book someone all the girls kept saying you should wear little make up on the day and look natural ( the natural me would scare ya so no thanks )but thank god for Angela because she gave me a full face of make up and made me look so natural. She was very professional and fun on the morning helping everyone relax. she also sometimes runs promotions where the bride can get a free make up trial , or free tan things like that.

Flowers ...I used Tiger Lilly in Letterkenny .Mary was fantastic and sat with me for ages untill we were both on the same page. I wanted vintage looking flowers with some dusty pink n ivory . Before i booked Mary i had been collecting voil and fake flowers for the pew ends and mary took then from me and done all the work and made the Cathedral look fantastic and she didnt even charge me for it. Mary has loads of idea of how to save money and still look like you have all the flowers you wanted.

Wedding Favours ...The silver Tassie have started to do a wedding sweet cart so maybe talk to the hotel and findout all the info on it .
Also i got some of my sweets from a woman in Derry , i got mini dairy milks with our namr and wedding date on the front but i dont have her number to hand but i will get it for you tonight , she also done wedding candles and she is so cheap.

Hope i was of some help but if you would like any more info just PM me
ianstuart
Royal Wolly

Postby shelbert80 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:59 am

Babog1981 you must be getting married around the same time as me in Donegal (28th May)?? Some of my guests tried to book the Silver Tassie and it was fully booked :o0
Im back in Donegal at the start of March for a couple of Hair Trials, i tried to get through to the Edge but no answer the couple of times i phoned. So the first one im trying is Fusion in Ramelton, hopefully it goes well.
I will keep trying Edge before i get back to Donegal, as after that its only 12 weeks until our wedding :eek
shelbert80
New Wolly

Postby Decisions11 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:04 pm

ianstuart - I think it was yourself who recommended the edge & tiger lilly to me. Thanks so much for that, am delighted with them both :thnk
Decisions11
Royal Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:33 pm

Decisions11 - I have just pm'd you Martin McDaids Phone Number

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Postby maidmarion » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:07 pm

My fried is going to the wedding fair in the silver tassie hotel this sunday. She said alot of the exhibitors that you mentioned will be there. I am so excited for her and even though I offer her loads of advice you can't beat the fairs for the craic and the goodies!!
maidmarion
New Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:00 pm

shelbert80 wrote:Babog1981 you must be getting married around the same time as me in Donegal (28th May)?? Some of my guests tried to book the Silver Tassie and it was fully booked :o0
Im back in Donegal at the start of March for a couple of Hair Trials, i tried to get through to the Edge but no answer the couple of times i phoned. So the first one im trying is Fusion in Ramelton, hopefully it goes well.
I will keep trying Edge before i get back to Donegal, as after that its only 12 weeks until our wedding :eek

Hi Shebert80, Yeah I'm the 27th! R u the Silver Tassie too or another hotel in the area?
The time is truly ticking by .... the nerves are starting to kick in now...
Last edited by babog1981 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:02 pm

MaidMarion wrote:My fried is going to the wedding fair in the silver tassie hotel this sunday. She said alot of the exhibitors that you mentioned will be there. I am so excited for her and even though I offer her loads of advice you can't beat the fairs for the craic and the goodies!!

Yeah heard the fayre was on but going to miss it :weep. I could do with the inspiration

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Postby shelbert80 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Im actually getting married in Portsalon so some of the guests were going to book the hotel, but they are out of luck!!!
We have hired about 11 houses so that everyone can stay together for a big weekend party O-O even our dog is joining us.
Cant belive how quickly the time is flying by, my nerves are a bit wrecked now, i have spent today looking at centrepieces! And i mean all day :ooh i never thought i would write that sentence. Im obsessed!
shelbert80
New Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:32 pm

shelbert80 wrote:Im actually getting married in Portsalon so some of the guests were going to book the hotel, but they are out of luck!!!
We have hired about 11 houses so that everyone can stay together for a big weekend party O-O even our dog is joining us.
Cant belive how quickly the time is flying by, my nerves are a bit wrecked now, i have spent today looking at centrepieces! And i mean all day :ooh i never thought i would write that sentence. Im obsessed!

Portsalon is about 10 mins from where my H2B, its soo so beautiful down there. Your wedding sounds brill. Today has been juggling work and sorting out appointments with Trailfinders and florists and making enquiries about wedding favours. Its like a merry go round of lists and action points. :yelrotflmaosmilie:

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Postby shelbert80 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:50 pm

I will make sure i have a wee look out for you when im driving past Silver Tassie on the way to Portsalon on the FRiday :wv
shelbert80
New Wolly

Postby babog1981 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:27 am

Thanks ladies for all the recommendations so far ... does anyone else have a list of the vendors & suppliers they used from Donegal. Cheers

[/url]

babog1981
Mini Wolly

Next

Return to Old Faithful