WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Present for Groom!

Present for Groom!

Postby loub2b2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2022 2:27 pm

Any thoughts on presents for groom on wedding day and also groomsmen and bridesmaids?
loub2b2012
New Wolly

Re: Present for Groom!

Postby morningsun » Thu Apr 05, 2022 2:43 pm

Think I am going to buy my other half a really nice pair of cufflink engraved but not sure where to get them. have only got him personalised socks so far! can’t even find a nice groom card.

For the lads I have got:
Cufflinks – playstation ones in a lovely personalised presentation box
Socks – personalised
Need something else??

For the girls:
Necklaces, earrings and hair comb for the day
Personalised champagne glass
Small bottle of champers
Paying for hotel room for 1 and voucher for the other
I think I got them something else small aswell can picture it in the bag at home but can’t think now!
morningsun
Woloholic

Postby the farmer wants a wife » Thu Apr 05, 2022 2:56 pm

not a watch by the sounds of things anyways- was on my merry little way to buy himself a watch today when i was told by a collegue that it was bad luck ( something to do with putting time on your relationship) maybe im just a little superstitious though!!
the farmer wants a wife
Mini Wolly

Postby flomeo » Thu Apr 05, 2022 3:46 pm

Trying to decide on this at the moment too,

Thinking of a weekend in Barcelona to see Barca in the Noucamp but it's too early to get tickets yet. Going to try get a liverpool signed thing too and have bought him a few little things to open in a box on the morning of the wedding.

The Farmer wants a wife- (love your username btw!) Get him a watch if you want! I've bought ny H2B 2 watches in the past few years and I'm a bit superstitious but its also said if you put a coin in the box with the watch then you buy back the bad luck so do that to put your mind at ease :wv
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
flomeo
Mini Wolly

Postby Micky Pat » Thu Apr 05, 2022 4:04 pm

I got personalised cuff links & personalised socks! Gonna buy a nice aftershave for him to wear aswell! I don't feel the need to go to any big expense, surely there's enough being spent on the day itself & the honeymoon, its just a wee love gesture!! :compress

morningsun wrote:can’t even find a nice groom card

Here's the card I got:
http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/to-my-hus ... g-day.html
Micky Pat
New Wolly

Postby the farmer wants a wife » Thu Apr 05, 2022 4:18 pm

flomeo wrote:Trying to decide on this at the moment too,

Thinking of a weekend in Barcelona to see Barca in the Noucamp but it's too early to get tickets yet. Going to try get a liverpool signed thing too and have bought him a few little things to open in a box on the morning of the wedding.

The Farmer wants a wife- (love your username btw!) Get him a watch if you want! I've bought ny H2B 2 watches in the past few years and I'm a bit superstitious but its also said if you put a coin in the box with the watch then you buy back the bad luck so do that to put your mind at ease :wv

you are my new best friend- thanks a mill :thnk
the farmer wants a wife
Mini Wolly

Postby flomeo » Thu Apr 05, 2022 4:24 pm

Glad I could be of assistance! :yelrotflmaosmilie:

I know my superstitions!
flomeo
Mini Wolly

Postby bali » Thu Apr 05, 2022 4:26 pm

I biugh him a Tag watch . cost a small fortune but he loves it
bali
Major Wolly

Postby flomeo » Thu Apr 05, 2022 4:59 pm

bali wrote:I biugh him a Tag watch . cost a small fortune but he loves it

Very impressive gift!
He has been very generous to me over the years so i'd like to give him something that will blow his personalised socks off! He isnt expecting anything big but he'd love a sports related weekend and I'd get to go to Barca for the weekend too :)

As for bms and gms- we are buying the suits for the gms (just wearing classic 3 piece navy) and I've got some jewellery for the bms but will get them something else too. Paying for their accom for wedding night as well i think.
flomeo
Mini Wolly

Postby Twinkle toe » Thu Apr 05, 2022 5:22 pm

I got OH cufflinks (really cool ones!), Socks, 'Groom under new management' teeshirt, Personalised bottle of Jamesons, and an engraved pocket watch. But the best was I got two photos of us which he really treasures and got them put on canvas (Hello canvas offer on Groupon - Very good job).

BM & Groomsmen got rooms paid for.

BM's - jewellery, shoes & bags which they can use again. I also got boxes from Dunnes stores (nice ones) and filled them with little things for the day - makeup, perfume, etc. I got a photobook for my sis & chief BM.

Groomsmen got watches.
Twinkle toe
Princess Wolly

Postby EilBla » Thu Apr 05, 2022 6:03 pm

Getting my h2b a digital camera, one of those canon dsl ones, think he'd like that. Also putting together a photobook on snapfish at the moment of photos of us from over the years - we've been going out since we were 15 so its proving to be a rather arduous and at times cringe-worthy task :0 but think it will work out well! Going to put that and lots of other little memories in a box and tell him not to open it until after we've left each other the night before the wedding!

As for groomsmen and bridesmaids think it will be something small but practical maybe Paul's Boutique bag for the girls and il leave the other up to himself!

Are you all presenting your parents with gifts at the reception?
EilBla
New Wolly

Postby a4d2012 » Fri Apr 06, 2022 10:06 am

I was going small personal gifts so have gotten my oh
a grooms book and filled it with memories,
"so you dont get cold feet" socks,
a signed card from Man utd,
a CD made up of songs that have special meaning to us to play while he gets ready,
and i got a locket put on a pin for him to wear on his suit with a pic of him and his mum who died very suddenly 2 years ago, they were v close so think he will love it!
Will put in a few more bits closer to the date.

For bms i have personalised robes, their jewellery and a brooch for their dress, a little miss book to suit their personality, a small btl of champagne and am goin to put another thing r 2 into those...
For groomsmen so far all we can think of is their shoes :-8
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
a4d2012
Mini Wolly

Postby loveofmylife » Fri Apr 06, 2022 1:09 pm

@ a4d2012, where did u get d locket, Ive been thinking of something like that for my h2b???

[/url]
loveofmylife
Mini Wolly

Postby morningsun » Fri Apr 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Micky Pat wrote:I got personalised cuff links & personalised socks! Gonna buy a nice aftershave for him to wear aswell! I don't feel the need to go to any big expense, surely there's enough being spent on the day itself & the honeymoon, its just a wee love gesture!! :compress

morningsun wrote:can’t even find a nice groom card

Here's the card I got:
http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/to-my-hus ... g-day.html

thanks a mil!I am going to Dublin next week so will look there first, bloody expensive at £8.99!!
morningsun
Woloholic

Postby Micky Pat » Fri Apr 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Morningsun that card is £5.99 maybe you meant it was €8.99!
I love it, alot of cards are for your husband, but if your OH is opening it the night before or on the morning of the wedding, then technically he's not your husband yet!!

Hope you get sorted!!
Micky Pat
New Wolly

Next

Return to Old Faithful