WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford

Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford

Postby Togglies » Wed Apr 25, 2022 10:25 am

Hi I was wondering has anyone held their wedding at the Four Seasons Carlingford recently or went to a wedding there over the past while. We are thinking of booking our wedding for there next year and Id love some feedback - Ive heard some conflicting reports..............thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Togglies
New Wolly

Re: Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford

Postby shellym12 » Wed Apr 25, 2022 10:38 am

Hiya,

We looked at this for a wedding venue and to be honest we were a little underwhelmed.

The room is badly laid out in that there are no sockets for the stage where the band will play so they have to run cables across the room to the far side to plug in their amps etc - I saw this at a wedding I was at there and had wondered why someone had taped down wires on the dance floor - this was why!

I also found their packages pretty pricey for what we wanted (Steak and Seabass) in comparison to other venues.

The venue wasnt for us but like you have heard quite a number of conflicting reports about it!
shellym12
New Wolly

Postby Togglies » Wed Apr 25, 2022 10:57 am

Thanks for your reply I know what you mean about the wires - wouldnt look great. I think I just like Carlingford and the photos would be great. Darver Castle is also on the list. Do you mind me asking where you booked in the end?
[/url]
Togglies
New Wolly

Postby Mrs W » Wed Apr 25, 2022 11:46 am

I've been to 4 weddings here and all were fantastic. The food was lovely and the staff were really nice, the manager hardly left the the room all day, he was really friendly and helpful. My hubby was best man and a bit nervous so he brought him outside for a drink and calmed him down, he brought the bride at least 4 vodka and redbulls and these never appeared on any bill.

He brought in their bags and kids stuff from the car, checked on the kids and babysitter all night, they really couldn't have done any more.

This is a really great hotel and I didn't notice any cables on the floor, I'd make my decision on the more important factors if I were you
Mrs W
Royal Wolly

Postby shellym12 » Wed Apr 25, 2022 11:48 am

We booked Ghan House in the end, and I couldnt be happier with our decision, they have been amazing start to finish!

We only booked our wedding in January for December of this year so we had limited choice - another venue we looked at was Ballymac - but unfortunately another couple beat us to it!

Darver is lovely for a wedding, ive been to a couple there, lack of accomodation was an issue for us as we have alot of people travelling....

Good luck with your search!
shellym12
New Wolly

Postby maouise » Wed Apr 25, 2022 12:30 pm

Carlingford is definetly a lovely location, you will get gorgeous pictures! you have other hotels only 20mins away if you were unsure of the four seasons. Ballymascanlon hotel is fab (thats were we have booked :o)ll ) then there is canal cout hotel in newry only 20mins form carlingford aswell

make sure your happy with you hotel before you book

Good luck researching!!
Lou2012

[/url]
maouise
New Wolly

Postby Creampuffnut » Fri May 11, 2022 11:46 am

Hi I've booked the Four Seasons for August 2013 and I'm pretty happy with my choice! Their all inclusive package is amazing and the people are so nice to deal with. I've put in a few enquiries with bands etc and they have all said that Four Seasons is a great place to play. Carlingford is a great place to bring people who have travelled.
Really accommodating with having looks around and bringing my family to view.

Would love to hear feedback from people about this place though! Togglies have you booked anywhere yet and where else have you looked so far?
[/url]
Creampuffnut
New Wolly

Return to Old Faithful