WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

What paper work do I need ??

What paper work do I need ??

Postby castaway » Wed May 09, 2022 6:52 am

Girls we have decided to move our wedding forward, giving us now just 8 months...
What paper work or who do I contact.... I haven't a clue where to start??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
castaway
New Wolly

Re: What paper work do I need ??

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed May 09, 2022 6:58 am

You need to Register your intent with the state, which had to be done at least 3 months beforehand at any births, deaths & marriages office. you will need passport, birth certs, pps numbers, etc

If your having a church wedding you will need to do a pre marriage course and get your baptism & confirmation cert from the parishes where you made the sacraments. You will also nerd a letter of freedom from every parish you lived in since you were 18. These have to be dated within 6 months of your wedding so you have plenty of time to get those.
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby castaway » Wed May 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Do we both need to go to the births, deaths and marriages office or can I just head in with all our details. I actually work close to it so it's handy for me to do that job! Regarding the letter of freedom, we're getting married in my parish as that is where we live.

Do I still need to get my confirmation and baptismal certs even though its the same parish?

Basically I need to get H2b to contact his previous 2 parish priests for this is that right??

I am clueless.... thanks Annie
[/url]
castaway
New Wolly

Postby Penny Hill » Wed May 09, 2022 1:32 pm

You both need to be there when registering your intent to marry, as you both need to sign the paperwork, and show proof of who you are.

With the letter of freedom you need one from every parish you have lived in for more than six months, since you were 18. If your parish priest is doing the prenuptial enquiry then he should have your confirmation and baptismal cert provided you were confirmed and baptised in that parish.
[/url]
Penny Hill
Wolly Addict

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Wed May 09, 2022 1:40 pm

Both of you need to be there to register your intent so when you ring to make an appointment make sure it suits both of you.

Regarding baptismal and confirmation certs you will have to contact your priest to make sure you don't he has it for your pre nip enquiry. If you have lived in any other parish you will need a letter of freedom of each. Your hubby will still need to get his certs from his parish
AwkwardAnnie
Wolly Addict

Postby castaway » Thu May 10, 2022 3:39 pm

thanks for the help :o)ll
[/url]
castaway
New Wolly

Postby glitterlamp » Thu May 10, 2022 3:47 pm

My priest said that you can sign some form of letter in front of a solicitor instead of having to get a letter of freedom - as both my partner and I have moved around in our lives it didn't make sense to get a letter from every parish/country we lived in.
glitterlamp
New Wolly

Return to Old Faithful

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amyrad, aojm, Brideonabudget2012, chell2012, gotmyrock, MazHayes, MSNbot Media, nelle, notwearingwhite, Paddys Future Mrs, Penny Hill, photofab, pineapples, sal2b, sarahme1 and 63 guests

Ireland's favourite location for Wedding Stationery.

The Heartstrings quartet, are probably one of Irelands most prestigious quartets, and we are committed to delivering a unique and versatile musical experience for every performance.

Ireland's first one-stop-hen-party-shop.

...is a 4-star family-run hotel in Athlone, Westmeath, and we have been successfully holding wonderful weddings for over 15 years, and now offer civil ceremonies too.

A string duo, trio or quartet is the perfect way to enhance your wedding day. It will add that special ambience that only live music can provide.

Galway based, Producing exquisite Images and Albums in a style that you will always treasure

Weddingshoes.ie is delighted to announce the arrival of the new Rainbow Club bridal shoes range.

Craddog Irish Music Events will make that special day last the rest of your life!

We finding the Perfect Wedding Dress should be an exciting & luxurious experience. With experienced help at hand & your own private Dressing Room we aim to make your visit a memorable occassion leading up to your Wedding day. Kildare based

One of Irelands most exciting cake companies. Each cake is an individual work of art and breathtaking beauty.

Close up magic and mind reading extraordinary demonstrations your guests will experience up close when you hire magician & illusionist Shane Black

Guaranteed to have your dance floor jammed full of happy guests

Swing Music as it should Be"- The perfect way to entertain your guests as they arrive at your hotel from the church pre dinner.

Sinead Conway is one of Ireland's best known wedding singers and has sang at numerous wedding ceremonies including those of Westlife star Shane Filan and Irish businessman Sean Quinn's daughter Chiara.

Your special day deserves a special setting. Set in the heart of Athlone on the banks of the River Shannon, Radisson Blu Hotel is the perfect venue for your fairytale wedding.

Avon Ri Resort is located in the spectacular Wicklow Mountains and is perched on the shores of the Blessington Lakes.

My Wedding Photography ensures that your whole day is captured in detail from those key moments to those little details that make the day so special.

Love at first sight... guaranteed with our Welcome, our Service, our Food and all the flexible deals and prices we have ready for You!

Ideally situated overlooking Rosscarbery Bay, the Celtic Ross Hotel provides the perfect romantic setting for your wedding reception.

One of Irelands most acclaimed hotels, Waterford Castle Hotel and Golf Resort.

Organizing weddings and other events and delivering highest level of service.

WINNER WOL Wedding Awards! TOP class wedding music with a personal touch for your Algarve Wedding. Bands, DJs, Traditional Irish, String Quartet, Harpist, Church singers and many more.

We Engrave beautiful personalised glassware and crystal, perfect for wedding favors, top table glassware and champagne flutes for champagne reception.

Experienced Wedding pianist, providing a subtle ambiance for pre-reception and dining.

Beautiful, Flawless Makeup that will last all day, travels nationwide.

Here at Flower Busters we love Flowers and at our Online Flower Shop you are guaranteed you will find the best flowers for your wedding

Whether its Funk, Disco, Classic 80s, Rock n Roll, Motown, Nineties or Noughties, all of our songs are picked with one thing in mind and thats to get people onto the dance floor and keep them there.

As your Wedding Photographer I will bring a relaxed and fun style of professional photography to your special day.

Our Video Kiosk offers you a novel entertainment option adding drama and fun to your wedding day.

Looking for a unique and eye-catching addition to your wedding day or special event? Then look no further than the Candy Cart Company.