WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Paid deposit 22 days til wedding and supplier not responding

Paid deposit 22 days til wedding and supplier not responding

Postby Watchoka » Wed May 09, 2022 8:16 am

Hi

Any advice much appreciated please. I paid a deposit of £175 (sterling) to a videographer in January 2012. He seemed to have good feedback on his Facebook page etc and his work on his website seemed alright. I emailed him to see if he was available for my wedding on 1st June 2012 and he got back to me straight away and said yes. I paid deposit via cheque and he said contacted me to see he'd received it etc and contract would be in the post (which I never received). I've still got the email trail and proof he cashed cheque.

2 weeks ago I emailed him just to check everything was still okay for my wedding. Got no response but thought that he was just busy. On Saturday I telephoned and left a message - got no text or call back. I'm concerned now. He was quick enough to email me back to accept the booking but hasn't time now to send a 3 word email saying "yes all fine". I know there is still 22 days to go but still I'd like confirmation at least now. I haven't hassled him or event contacted him at all about what I want etc so he can't think I'm a pain in the bum.

I don't want to hassle him but at the same time time is going on - do I try and book another videographer??

Just worried. A videographer was the one thing I definitely wanted as I knew we'd miss big chunks of the day and it would go so fast. Really disappointed he isn't getting back to me and I mayve lost my much needed deposit too.

Any advice please???

Thanks a million
xxxx
Watchoka
New Wolly

Re: Paid deposit 22 days til wedding and supplier not responding

Postby Irish Wedding DJ and Uplighting » Wed May 09, 2022 8:36 am

I would make another call - might be just an oversight. I can understand your worry and hope you get sorted! Maybe they gave more than one number on your booking form that you might be able to try.
Ruairi Finnegan - Irish Wedding DJ & Uplighting Service
Dont forget to ask us about uplighting your dream venue from just €199*

WeddingsOnline's most reviewed Supplier - read the 50+ reviews on my supplier page. Search top right "Irish Wedding DJ"

Irish Wedding DJ and Uplighting
WOL Network

Postby Getaway Wedding Cars » Wed May 09, 2022 8:54 am

Yes, I would be worried (having said that, you will get a replacement videographer without too much trouble, if needed).

To get some idea of the situation, get someone else to call/email him to see if he is still in business, maybe he is not answering you phone number/email address?

Regards,

TGT
Getaway Wedding Cars
WOL Network

Postby CarolinaMoon » Wed May 09, 2022 10:44 am

Is his facebook page still up? You could post on there asking him to contact you.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Postby drummerswife2b » Wed May 09, 2022 1:12 pm

Getaway Wedding Cars wrote:Yes, I would be worried (having said that, you will get a replacement videographer without too much trouble, if needed).

To get some idea of the situation, get someone else to call/email him to see if he is still in business, maybe he is not answering you phone number/email address?

Regards,

TGT

+1. We caught out a scam artist (not saying your videographer is one) by someone else pretending to be a potential client, he called to visit we were there waiting got our money back. With much pressure but it worked after him avoiding us for a long time.

Anyway get someone to ring him and ask to meet with regards viewing his stuff etc. and you go meet him instead.

If there is a problem I highly recommend JMB videos. Havent used them yet but they have been so friendly and helpful in dealing with.

Best of luck :action32
Previously known as soon2bmrsrb and brasschick

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

[/url]

drummerswife2b
Woloholic

Postby Watchoka » Wed May 09, 2022 9:47 pm

Thanks all I really appreciate the feedback. The videographer is the person I’ve had trouble getting a response from. Everyone else has been great. I called from my fiance’s number on Saturday (which he doesn’t have) and the phone line was still up and running. I left a message saying to call me back.

My fiancé left a message for him on Facebook so again he would’ve known it was me as my fiancé mentioned the date of the wedding and location. His facebook has entries on his wall thanking him for dvds etc in April 2012 and they don’t look fake(!) so I’m guessing he’s still in business that’s why I’m so confused as to why I’ve got no response from him.

I don’t want to be total pain and be on his back but I’ll need to contact him again in order to know whether I need to find a replacement videographer asap (if possible).

Thanks again

x
Watchoka
New Wolly

Postby Rachel Fox Photography » Thu May 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Hiya, sorry to hear you are in this situation. Hopefully it is just an oversight on his part tbh. On my side for some reason I always forget about facebook messages, I use it for clients to see what is going on with my updates etc but not hugely for client interaction, this is always through email and on the phone. I also find that if I am working a wedding and I have a missed call or voicemail, my concetation on the day is 100% so my brain is like mush when I get home, again easily could forget a message etc. I know excuses, excuses but Im thinking worst case scenario explanation for you, keeping my hopes up.

Try call him again, maybe private number, this time of year is very busy for us wedding suppliers, so much so I don't know why I am online. Give him a few days and if still no response leave him email, voicemail and facebook to say that you will book alternative if you do not hear from him on that day!

The suggestion of having someone else call with an enquiry does work, I know of a friend that has done this before when a supplier would not respond to messages and was then caught right out!
Rachel Fox Photography
WOL Network

Postby mar12 » Sat May 12, 2022 1:16 am

yes and no dont be worried

Try calling him on monday maybe he is working......
mar12
New Wolly

Return to Old Faithful