WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Looking for a navy cloak for winter wedding

Looking for a navy cloak for winter wedding

Postby winter2012bride » Wed May 09, 2022 9:10 am

Hi, i am getting married this winter and i am looking for a cloak or cape to possibly wear over my wedding dress (after the Church etc). I saw pictures in some sample album of a bride wearing a navy cape (same colour as bridesmaids) and i thought it looked amazing. It was sort of velvet fabric and i think it has a hood. Wondering does anyone know where i can buy one or if anyone is selling on such an item?
I would like to have it "just in case", may not even wear it but don't want to be panicing a week before the wedding if the weather turns bad and i have nothing to keep me warm!!
winter2012bride
New Wolly

Re: Looking for a navy cloak for winter wedding

Postby tooyay » Wed May 09, 2022 10:51 am

Hi I didnt want to read and not reply i dunno where you could buy one but mayb if you knew someone handy with a sewing machine to make you one i was in Hickeys in town yesterday and they had loads of velvet material in all diff colours im sure it wud b easy to get a pattern too!

tooyay
Mini Wolly

Postby winter2012bride » Wed May 09, 2022 11:26 am

dnnlrn wrote:Hi I didnt want to read and not reply i dunno where you could buy one but mayb if you knew someone handy with a sewing machine to make you one i was in Hickeys in town yesterday and they had loads of velvet material in all diff colours im sure it wud b easy to get a pattern too!

Good idea! thanks for that, might consider that as an option if i can't buy one.
winter2012bride
New Wolly

Postby flor » Wed May 09, 2022 1:17 pm

hi winterbride,
have a look at this thread from yesterday - somebody posted a link to a cloak maker (never knew they existed!)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=353694
flor
Royal Wolly

Postby winter2012bride » Wed May 09, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks, a cloakmaker, who knew there was such a thing!! V pricey though!!
winter2012bride
New Wolly

Return to Old Faithful

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adeline, Blueberries, Bride2BeJune2013, corkiegirl, exmiss, LadyLizzie, lilywhite2013, loveofmylife, MrsWalsh2BeMay2013, Penny Hill, photofab, Troife, yumyumcake and 45 guests

* Save the date cards * Day invitations * RSVP cards * Evening invitations * Ceremony booklets * Order of service booklets * Menus * Place name cards * Table plans * Envelope seals * Favours & Accessories * Candles *

Private Party & Exclusive Wedding Venue overlooking scenic West Cork Harbour in Glandore.

Save over 1000 on your wedding in Spain.

Is a family run, Irish owned business bringing you a breath of fresh air in wedding album design, professional photography, wedding albums with prices starting at 250

Nicola will craft a beautiful musical collaboration, merging classical, traditional and popular styles for your special day.

Look flawless and radiant on your wedding day.

based in Kerry and supply chair covers and sashes at very affordable prices.

Sharon Peaker Flowers has been designing and creating beautiful wedding flowers for over 20years.

The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, formerly The Ashbourne Marriott opened in April 2007 and is a blend of 4* luxury and sophistication and is the ideal location and wedding venue for your special day.

A Luxury Manor on the Dingle Peninsula for your Exclusive Wedding Venue.

Ignite the night with Supernova. This rocking band will light up your dance floor. Sort your wedding music in one swoop with the full reception deal.

Its the most special day of your life and with The Stillorgan Park Hotel we will make it unforgettable for everyone.

We supply Chair Covers including ribbons for your wedding reception. More ribbons available on demand.

The Soundmen are a four-piece covers band renowned for their dynamic & electrifying live performances in the wedding arena.

An insight into life in the Busiest Events Band in Ireland: Harlequin. Click link to view videos.

Vast range of repertoire including standard classical favourites and contemporary arrangement of popular tunes.

Award winning 4 star hotel located in the heart of Westport, Co.Mayo High standard of service, cuisine & attention to detail makes it the perfect choice for your wedding day! Weekend Wedding Dates on SALE for 2013up to 20% off!!

CSI are a fully live 5 piece band comprising male, vocals, female vocals, lead guitar, bass guitar, drums & keyboards.

18-piece ensemble featuring three wonderful vocalists, three trumpets, three trombones, four saxes/woodwinds, piano, strings/guitars, bass, drums and Latin percussion.

Speciality candle company based in Castleisland, Co. Kerry now offering personalised wedding unity candles

Dry Cleaning and Gown Preservation Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford, Clonmel

Handmade & Creative Toppers for all Occassions. Call 0860682622

Designer Hand-made, Personalised Ceramic Keepsakes and Cake Toppers. Ideal for Engagement, Wedding, Bridesmaids & Groomsmen Presents or Any Special Occasion!

For all your travel vaccination needs for your honeymoon.

Church Singer withwide repertoire - from Irish Traditional to Modern Contemporary. Mainly performs with a skilled Guitarist, however I can provide other musicians if required. I am based in Dublin but will happily travel nationwide.

With almost 50 years of tradition, The Ardilaun Hotel Galway is a premier wedding venue in the West of Ireland

Specializing in Weddings, Fashion & Photographic make up Anne Marie uses top quality brands such as Mac, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder to name but a few.

Based on the Kerry & Limerick Border, Tie the Knot weddings provide all you need for your wedding reception, hotel and marque. We can transform your event into something truly spectacular and all within a realistic budget offering Chair Covers, Fairy Light backdrops, Centre pieces, Candleabras, Table Runners, Red Carpet and lots more.

Let us help you make the perfect choice for your special day. The Carnegie Court Hotel offers the beautifully appointed Castle Suite for you, your family, friends and loved ones to celebrate your wedding.

Freelance wedding planners, we work with all the venues in Malta and promise to make your dream wedding day an unforgettable experience.