WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Piano music for civil ceremony, help!!

Piano music for civil ceremony, help!!

Postby Brideonabudget2012 » Sun May 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Looking into music for civil ceremony and have some songs listed that i like, but dont know where to put them or if they would work together or work at all, anyone had a piano player at their ceremony, what songs did you have, or any suggestions of other songs, so far i like canon in d, maybe for going up the aisle, i also like nella fantasia, but i love the portrait from titanic aswell, and then i also like adeles feel my love, which my neice will sing with the piano, i was thinking the braveheart theme for when guests are arriving, but they are all very different, and i dont want it to be tacky either, help!!!
Formerly known as inawhile.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Brideonabudget2012
Mini Wolly

Re: Piano music for civil ceremony, help!!

Postby Brideonabudget2012 » Thu May 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Anyone please?
Formerly known as inawhile.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Brideonabudget2012
Mini Wolly

Postby Daisy Row » Thu May 17, 2022 3:03 pm

Not sure if I can help but I had a pianist for my pre dinner reception and he was great, he was really there to play background music but I am sure he could give suggestions as to what suits the piano. Let me know if you want the details. Canon in D is gorgeous and that's what I walked down the aisle to, it was played by a flautist though. Nella Fantasia and Adele are great choices, what I found a great help was youtube. Check for these pieces of music being played on a piano and see what you think. Then once you choose your musician they will be able to guide you. My church singer was great at that as I wasn't sure what to put were in the ceremony, she had so much wedding experience that she gave great tips.
Daisy Row
Woloholic

Postby Wedding Piano Player » Thu May 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi Brideonabudget2012,

I have a useful document on my website outlining the "Musical Running Order" for Civil Ceremonies. It gives a couple of examples too so it might be of some help to you... here's the link:

Civil Ceremony Layout

With regards to song choices, don't hold back - it's your big day, so if there's something you want included in the ceremony, go for it! Once the registrar gives the ok, you're good to go!

Hopefully this helps in some way!
Best of luck,
Keith. :)
Web: http://www.keithoconnell.com
Email: [email protected]
Find Me On Facebook
To view my Weddings Online Profile, click HERE

Wedding Piano Player
WOL Network

Ireland

Postby Wedding Piano Player » Thu May 17, 2022 7:31 pm

Oh, I should also mention.. if your piano player is experienced and professional, he/she should be able to cater for any song choices you have in mind! Some couples ask me to play strings to give a string quartet effect, Canon in D is a prime example! Some will ask me to stick to a regular piano sound for the length of the ceremony. Others will ask me to include an array of sounds such as piano, organ and strings - to be included wherever they may suit the particular song... it really depends on what your own preference is I suppose :)

HTH :o)ll
Web: http://www.keithoconnell.com
Email: [email protected]
Find Me On Facebook
To view my Weddings Online Profile, click HERE

Wedding Piano Player
WOL Network

Ireland

Return to Old Faithful