WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Things the books don't tell you about being pregnant

Re: Things the books don't tell you about being pregnant

Postby AmandaMc » Tue Nov 29, 2021 1:34 pm

littlepud wrote:
Wife09 wrote:Sleep orgasims :o)ll only 1 so far on this pregnancy but lots on DD. Got none after mid second trimester though!

this has happened me too, a few times, i thought it was just me so i never mentioned anything on here :o0

Plus 3!! More so in the first trimester too. Weird!

Agree with you on the food front mrsvandekemp- some websites etc say you can't eat soft cheese, peanuts, prawns etc. Oh and the headaches, getting so fed up of them!!
AmandaMc
Wolly Addict

Postby funkyfish » Mon Dec 05, 2021 1:22 pm

that piles hurt more than an episiotomy.... bring in pile cream to the hospital....

funkyfish
Ultimate Wolly

Postby MRS NYEB2007 » Thu Jan 05, 2022 9:51 pm

this is not about being pregnant more after the birth

A baby girl can have a period and a baby boy can leak milk from his breasts, nearly died when my princess had a little period - no one told me!!!

Angel went to heaven to meet its Nana at 7 weeks Feb 2011
MRS NYEB2007
Empress Wolly

Postby Daff » Thu Jan 05, 2022 10:09 pm

:o0 yeh it's true!!! dd1 had a little but dd2 there was nothing... it's all our hormomnes stillin them.
aka lovemybaby

DD1 born February 2010
DD2 born August 2011

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wakOXAR/]
Daff
Mums & Kids Best Contributor & Most Honest User 2011

Postby anika » Sat Jan 07, 2022 7:58 pm

MRS NYEB2007 wrote:this is not about being pregnant more after the birth

A baby girl can have a period and a baby boy can leak milk from his breasts, nearly died when my princess had a little period - no one told me!!!

Seriously :eek :eek :eek
That's def. something i have never heard before. I would have freaked if it happenend to my DD.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
anika
Woloholic

dreamworld

Postby twinkle toes2012 » Wed Jan 11, 2022 2:30 pm

Tnx ladies this thread is so helpful, a little scary but mostly helpful!! (babies having periods, WHAT!? :eek ) Just got the shock of my life this morning with my first BFP! Don't have the first clue about pregnancy so having a resource like this is fantastic.
twinkle toes2012
New Wolly

Postby Mrs Snuffleupagus » Thu Mar 08, 2022 9:51 am

Was thinking about this again last night, more about the labour really but anyway....
That one of the possible side effects of an epidural is an incredible itchy feeling on your legs while it's working... Never ever heard of this at all beforehand
Now in saying that it wouldn't put me off getting an epidural again... Just was a little worrying at the time cause I had no clue what was going on....
Mrs Snuffleupagus
Princess Wolly

Postby confusedmum2012 » Mon Mar 12, 2022 8:20 pm

Love this thread think I'll print this as a reminder in case I'm ever tempted to try for a third!

I forgot the awful headaches

Forgot that morning sickness is the worst hangover without the fun the night before, even cleaning my teeth would make me dry heave over the toilet :hic

After the 6 month mark turning over in bed makes me feel like a turtle stuck on its back :o0

Bladder pressure: turning on the tap to wash my hands makes me need to use the toilet again, I can go to the toilet about 4 times in one bathroom visit!

confusedmum2012
Mini Wolly

Postby Nov Bridie 09 » Fri May 18, 2022 7:34 am

That you will dream of the day that you can sleep on your tummy again but when babs arrives, sleeping on tummy equals leaky boobs equals wet mattress.

That heartburn is not an accurate name. It should be called Entire body crippled with acid Burn.

That you can love and hate DH with equal measure in the space of a mili second.

That the fear of going through pregnancy for the second time is worse than the reality of it.

That when something is wrong with LO once born, time stops, life outside the hospital seems like another world & all you want is to bring baby home. But when LO is given the all clear you want the hospital to keep you all in the safety net there for one more day.

That the only voice you understand during the pushing stage of labour is DH's. Every other voice was just noise!!

[/url]
Nov Bridie 09
Princess Wolly

Postby Bejewelled Wife » Tue May 22, 2022 5:34 pm

Nov Bridie 09 wrote:That you will dream of the day that you can sleep on your tummy again but when babs arrives, sleeping on tummy equals leaky boobs equals wet mattress!

I second this. I missed sleeping on my tummy so much, but it's not worth the mess.
Formerly known as Bunny Bride

[/url]

TTC since Feb '10

Our little angel went to sleep on the 09/12/10. Born on the 13/12/10.
Mommy & Daddy will always love you.

Prayer for Motherhood

O Mary, Mother of Perpetual Help, with confidence I come to you and ask your help. It is my earnest desire to have the gift of motherhood. You who were the mother of Jesus understand the joy of being a mother. Please obtain this grace for me from Him who is the Master of Life, so that I may raise up children who will give Him praise and glory in this life and the next.

Amen.

Almighty Creator, hear this fertility prayer and the wishes of my heart.
You know my deep desire for a child -- a little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.

Amen!

Bejewelled Wife
Woloholic

Postby safari girl » Thu Jun 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Great thread ladies.
Another symptom that took me completely by surprise(and I've yet to come across in a book) is the sharp stabbing sensations I have from time to time in the cervix/groin area. :-8

I was a bit worried at first but googled it and came across the term "lightning crotch" which seems a good fit. :yelrotflmaosmilie:
I was also surprised at how early my boobs started leaking (12weeks)
and the sleep orgasms :ooh
safari girl
Mini Wolly

Previous

Return to Pregnancy & Babies