WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

claiming money back

claiming money back

Postby valentine09 » Thu May 10, 2022 5:41 pm

Hi,

I have a few doctor bills and my scan which I have been told I can claim back with the MB1 form, but I was just wondering if I can claim back the money I paid for semi-private maternity cover in hospital? Most of it was covered by Aviva but I had to pay an excess of €750, anyone know if it is possible to get this back?

Thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]
valentine09
Major Wolly

Re: claiming money back

Postby BusyMom » Thu May 10, 2022 8:35 pm

How I do it is I submit everything to my health insurance (Quinn in my case) as they need original receipts. They then issue a statement of claims which gives the amount the receipt was for, the amount that they paid me for it and the differences (ie the amount that I was out of pocket by) this is the amount that you can claim on the mb1 form. You don't need to submit receipts with that claim but you have to have them available if you're called for an audit.

To answer the last bit of your question, you are entitled to claim back any medical expences that you aren't covered with through your health insurance including excesses.
Formally May19Mom!
*** PM me or SummerSurprise to join the facebook group for May 2012 Mums! ***

BusyMom
Major Wolly

Postby stephnyc » Fri May 11, 2022 10:59 am

i think you might be confusing the MB10 form (for claiming maternity benefit while on mat leave) and the med1 form (claiming 20% of medical expense)?

I would claim for all doctors bills/scans that werent covered by Aviva plus the 750 excess on the Med1 form as its says you can claim for "Routine maternity care"

more info here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... enses.html
stephnyc
Mini Wolly

Postby valentine09 » Fri May 11, 2022 7:02 pm

Thanks girls
[/url]

[/url]
valentine09
Major Wolly

Postby luckylass1 » Fri May 11, 2022 7:20 pm

Just having a nose on this post when should you claim? After pregnancy or end of tax year? I'm clueless on all of this! I paid 1200 for rotunda for semi private, do I get 750 back from Aviva of that? I have a lot to read up on these things!!
luckylass1
Mini Wolly

Postby saz12 » Sun May 13, 2022 9:12 am

Valentine,

How come you had to pay 750 excess...does it depend on your plan? . I am with Aviva and am semi private in Rotunda, paid the 1200 euro... i rang them last week to confirm what exactly i am covered for...3 nights maternity cover..i asked re a c section and he said it deemed medically necessary then the extra nights will be covered also....i just dont want to be landed with an excess bill that i cant pay!!!!!

Can claim about 400 back of the 1200 also...some health insurance companies cover the 3d scans. I was contemplating getting one but Aviva dont cover them i was told!!

Saz12
saz12
Mini Wolly

Postby valentine09 » Sun May 13, 2022 9:13 pm

Hi Saz 12 like you play the 1200 for the rotunda, I have to pay 750 for the coombe, and 160 for big scan and 80 for the dating scan which is 990 in total. These arent covered. So I was wondering if I can claim tax back for these.
[/url]

[/url]
valentine09
Major Wolly

Postby BusyMom » Sun May 13, 2022 10:00 pm

stephnyc wrote:i think you might be confusing the MB10 form (for claiming maternity benefit while on mat leave) and the med1 form (claiming 20% of medical expense)?

I would claim for all doctors bills/scans that werent covered by Aviva plus the 750 excess on the Med1 form as its says you can claim for "Routine maternity care"

more info here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... enses.html

Yup, sorry! Meant the Med1! At 39wks pregnant, I prob shouldn't be allowed speak!
Formally May19Mom!
*** PM me or SummerSurprise to join the facebook group for May 2012 Mums! ***

BusyMom
Major Wolly

Return to Pregnancy & Babies