WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

knowing sex of baby before birth?

Postby KALIKO » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:09 am

When I found out I was pregnant I knew in my heart it was a girl :D When I went for my first scan I wasn't asked if I wanted to know and my h2b didn't want to know anyway we both wanted it to be a surprise even though I knew it was a girl I thought it might be a mad hormone thing :oops: We had a girl my heart was right :D

KALIKO
Mini Wolly

Postby Dee06 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:58 am

found out with 4 weeks to go , i figured that everything was going to be a shock anyway so if i knew the gender it might make the pregnancy more real.. i had a weird pregnancy didnt have any side effects. hardly any bump till the end so i wanted to make it more real to me
everyone is different !

Dee
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Dee06
New Wolly

Postby Mrs. Allie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:08 pm

I guess it's just a very personal choice isn't it. I know bloody well that, even thought now i'd like to wait 'til the birth, if we're ever blessed with children I'll want to know the sex .
My husband can't even leave pressies under the tree or I'm trying to peek into them weeks before christmas!
Mrs. Allie
Mini Wolly

Postby pupsalove » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:27 pm

Definitely WOULDN'T want to know. Lets face it, its the last great surprise in life. And I would think that it would take some of the excitment out of the pregnancy IMO. Anyway if I was told I could NOT keep it to myself, I can't hold water, never mind news of ANY nature! :wink:
Dance like it hurts,
Love like you need money,
Work when people are watching.

pupsalove
Royal Wolly

Postby naynay » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Wouldn't want to know. Although I'd be mad curious!!!!

But it's always diff when you're actually in that situation.
naynay
New Wolly

Postby *Smajra* » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:51 pm

I didn't want to know on either pregnancy. In my opinion its the closest us "big" girls are going to get to that feeling of excitement you get on Christmas eve when your a child not knowing what Santa's going to bring.
H2b and my oldest were mad to know when I was pregnant with our toddler but I wouldn't let the doc tell them :lol:
I have to say though that I knew in my heart both times that I was having boys. It never felt right if anyone referred to the baby as "she", which lots did on both.
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- President Harry S Truman

*Smajra*
Royal Wolly

Postby MrsP2B » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:17 pm

I wouldn't want to know the suspense would kill me but the surprise would be worth it :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

MrsP2B
Mini Wolly

Postby Guest400 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:19 pm

I wouldn't want to know. Maybe it's an Irish thing. I've a friend living in Italy and another in Spain and it's the done thing there.
Guest400
Mini Wolly

Postby jellybaby » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Definitely WOULD want to know....and when the time comes, the hospital here had better not tell me that they have a "no-tell" policy :evil:
jellybaby
Woloholic

Postby snozberry » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:50 am

Hi Mrs Allie

I am now 21 weeks pregnant (woohoo!) and had my BIG scan last week. I asked hubby if he wanted to know - most of you know we already have a girl. .. he said no way - whats the advantage - apart from me going shopping!!!! So we said we didnt want to know and the nurse very kindly just said baby all the time....

I really dont mind what we have - it would be nice for dd to have a sister but of course a boy would be great too - actually a boy would carry on hubbys name - the only one that can!! and I definitely aint havin no more!! :lol: :lol:

for anyone who wants to see - here is a pic of my scan.... baby is lying with legs crossed (that is a knee sticking up in the air in case you were wondering if it took after its father :oops: :lol: ) and its arm is behind its head.... I reckoned all baby needed was a remote control to be a boy! Very laid back whichever 'flavour'!!! :lol:
Mrs Snoz.
~~~~~~~~
snozberry
Royal Wolly

Postby Mrs. Allie » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:36 am

Wow Snoz, I didn't know you were preggers. congrats!
Mrs. Allie
Mini Wolly

Postby Anon10yr+ » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:49 am

lovely pic Mrs Snoz.All the best to your family

Anon10yr+
~WOL-Queen~

Postby *Smajra* » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am

Ah Mrs Snoz what a fab pic! I'm actually a trained midwife and can tell by your pic what sex your baby is!.............of course thats a complete lie but couldn't help myself :lol: I know I know I'm easily amused :roll:
Congratulations though and heres hoping the little Miss or Mr is as relaxed when they choose to make an appearance
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- President Harry S Truman

*Smajra*
Royal Wolly

Previous

Return to Off Topic