WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Anyone watch 49 Up last night?

Anyone watch 49 Up last night?

Postby Bulmers » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:03 am

I have been glued to it last night and last week. I first saw 28 up when I was 9 (back in 1984) :shock: , and I loved it.

Anyone else see it?
Bulmers
Royal Wolly

Postby Mama Dora » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:23 am

YES I did it was brillent...god you can remember what you watched when you were 9 :shock:

I felt so sorry for the last fella imagine being brought up in a snobby posh school and by the age of 21 living in a bedsit :shock: i thought be was on drugs at one stage he looked so sick!

The 3 of them sitting in their little uniforms at 7yrs of age saying what university they will go to :shock: i thought it was quite sad,being so young and having their lives mapped out.

Is it on next week again?
Mama Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Frankie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:26 am

Nooooo - I missed it :cry: :cry: :cry:
Will it be on again soon do you know?
Frankie
Head Lunatic

Postby SandraM » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:27 am

I couldn't get over the way the 3 young fellas were talking when they were only 7! I can't imagine my nieces and nephews making pronouncements on fee-paying schools like they were! :shock: :lol:
SandraM
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Bulmers » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:32 am

7 Years - 56 up.

It was in 28 up that Neil had become a homeless depressive. It was so sad as he was the most gorgeous animated child. They showed a clip of that interview last night - at one point they asked him would he like children, and he said no, because even if the mother was the most normal,cheerful person on this earth, the child(ren) would pick something up from him.

He never married, but is now a county councillor for the Lib Dems and seems reasonably ok.

I thought Bruce (he was on last week) was a really lovely person. John the QC reminded me of Claude Erskine Brown from the Rumpole books.
Bulmers
Royal Wolly

Postby Guest400 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 am

I saw it too. Thought it was very sad about Neil although he does seem to have got his life together at this point and seemed calmer and less agitated. Did you notice how he rocked back and forth in previous interviews? That seemed to have disappeared.

Very sad when he spoke about kids. A very unselfish thing to do in my opinion, didn't want them to suffer what he had.
Guest400
Mini Wolly

Postby Mama Dora » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:08 am

So its 56up nxt week is it?

Ye sorry it was neil i meant,how could his parents not help him so so sad.
Mama Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Bulmers » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:31 am

No 56 up won't be till 2012. They go back every 7 years.
Bulmers
Royal Wolly

Postby Mama Dora » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:32 am

ooopss :oops: must remember to watch it :lol:
Mama Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Return to Off Topic