WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Navan to Newbridge

Navan to Newbridge

Postby Miss X » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:50 am

Girls need some help, the H2B is away so I can't ask him for directions, plus I don't want him to know where I'm going until after I've been. I've to go to Navan straight after work, so I'm planning on heading out on the N7, however silly me originally thought it would be easy to get to Newbridge from there but the AA site is telling me to go back to the M50, is there a quicker way?

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece

Miss X
Royal Wolly

Postby Mrs Peg Bundy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:57 am

Personally, I would have gone Navan, Trim, Kilcock, Clane, Prosperous and then Newbridge. Clane is bypassed now so it's dead handy. I really don't know what the traffic situation is during the day on the M50 to compare though. Sorry. :?
Mrs Peg Bundy
Chief Dosser

Postby Heflen » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 am

Personally, I would have gone Navan, Trim, Kilcock, Clane, Prosperous and then Newbridge. Clane is bypassed now so it's dead handy. I really don't know what the traffic situation is during the day on the M50 to compare though. Sorry. :?

Thats the way I'd go too

Heflen
Funniest User

Postby buddingmrs » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:10 am

Do what Peg advised you'll be on the back roads but the M50 on friday is mental and it will take you forever!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

buddingmrs
Mini Wolly

Postby SandraM » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:13 am

We went the route suggested above a cuple of weeks ago on our way back from Cavan and I definitely reckon that going to the M50 is a better option.
SandraM
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Miss X » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:31 am

Any ideas on how long it will take on the back roads? I think we normally go via clane to newbridge so I should know my way once I get that far.

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece

Miss X
Royal Wolly

Postby Heflen » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:38 am

Any ideas on how long it will take on the back roads? I think we normally go via clane to newbridge so I should know my way once I get that far.

Not sure exactly, but think of it this way, it'll take you 10 mins to get off the m50 @ the Red Cow, another ten to clear Newlands Cross and with the roadworks on the N7 b/w Rathcoole & Naas...it's a nightmare

Back roads are far quicker..

Heflen
Funniest User

Postby buddingmrs » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi miss x,
I'd say about an hour and 10 mins at most depending on how you are at driving on back roads-then again if you work/live around Newbridge you must be used well used to them :wink:
Nice drive if the weather holds up- I'm a dub living in Kildare and I LOVE the back roads, its like going on my holliers :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

buddingmrs
Mini Wolly

Postby scotswedding » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:13 pm

i used to drive from Cavan to Newbridge on Friday evenings to see my best friend and go the route Peg described. It'd take me a bit under under two hours and its about 40 mins to Navan from where I am.

scotswedding
Woloholic

Postby Miss X » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:14 pm

I live in Lucan, I thought it was only 40mins or so!!

Miss X
Royal Wolly

Postby scotswedding » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:42 pm

How close is Lucan to Newbridge?? Am confused now. Navan is about 40 mins from Dublin (M50/N3) on a good day with feck all traffic. It might seem to take longer going by Kilcock but at least it'll be a straight run and you won't be sitting in traffic.

scotswedding
Woloholic

Postby Miss X » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:54 pm

Sorry I was just responding to buddingmrs that I live in Lucan. I'm leaving Blackrock at 5.15 or so, I was supposed to be going straight to Newbridge, but I need to call to Navan first. I'm expected in Newbridge around 7. I was thinking I'd get to Navan by 6.15 leave there at 6.45pm and be in Newbridge for 7.30. The girls in Newbridge will be waiting for me to arrive to have their dinner, so I can't be much later. I'm forever doing this, why do I put so much pressure on myself?????

Miss X
Royal Wolly

Return to Off Topic