WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Progestrone only pill

Re: Progestrone only pill

Postby redroses » Wed Mar 28, 2022 12:11 pm

morningsun wrote:Redroses as usual for this website this might be asking for you to share too much information but do you mind me asking when did you have the bleed, like straight away after starting on it or after a few weeks? I am literally down to the wire for the wedding so just wondering if I am likely to have a bleed straight away after starting or after a certain amount of weeks?

No problem at all, i had a bleed on day 2 that lasted 11 days, havent had any since. Id be careful regarding your skin when starting a new contraceptive, they can cause breakouts or clear up problem skin.
There is a tablet you can get from doctor to postpone your period, have no idea what its called.
My sex drive hasnt been affected...yet! >:o)
Work like you dont need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

redroses
Major Wolly

Postby tassajara » Wed Mar 28, 2022 12:50 pm

I'm on Cerazette, and I think it's fantastic. I get a period every three months, haven't put on any weight, my sex drive is normal and I don't get mood swings on it. The only disadvantage is sometimes not knowing when you're going to get your period or how long it will last.

There is a 12 hour gap in which you can take Cerazette, but it is best to take it at the same time everyday.
tassajara
Mini Wolly

Postby morningsun » Mon Apr 02, 2022 9:50 am

Thanks for the replies girls, I have decided to go ahead with it and started it on Saturday (mid cycle).
Then it just struck me that I need a smear test in April and I got an abnormal 6months ago, how do you get a smear on it if you don’t get periods? I was told the smear should be between 7 and 10 days from the start of your period.
morningsun
Woloholic

Postby Blossom Cherry » Mon Apr 02, 2022 9:59 am

I'm not sure morningsun. Maybe give your doctor a buzz.

You don't ovulate on the pill so there isnt a natural cycle as such so maybe it doesn't matter?
You can never be overdressed or overeducated
-Oscar Wilde
Blossom Cherry
Woloholic

Postby morningsun » Mon Apr 02, 2022 10:02 am

Ya I am due the results of blood tests tomorrow anyways so will be ringing to get them and will ask them. Am afraid of getting in trouble for starting mid-cycle :-8

Seemingly you do ovulate on this pill, that it works for contraception by thinning the lining of the womb but doesn’t affect ovulation, thought that was what the doctor told me!
morningsun
Woloholic

Postby morningsun » Mon Apr 30, 2022 10:21 am

Just to update this one month in as everyone was so helpful, I started the POP last month and have just started my second packet. Had about 10 days of bleeding about 3 weeks ago so hoping that it is for the breakthrough bleeding. I think I would recommend this pill as I am feeling good on it, skin seems to be improving aswell so fingers crossed it will continue to improve.
morningsun
Woloholic

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online