WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

fear of dentist :( **updated**

Re: fear of dentist :(

Postby Mrs Fahrenheit » Thu Apr 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Oh McLisa I feel for you. I hadn't been at the dentist in years and years until my wisdom tooth got infected about 3 years ago and I was forced to go in because of the pain. I was petrified that they'd tell me that I need tons of work done but they gave me anti-biotics for the wisdom tooth and said everything else was perfect....so you never know, everything could be fine. I've forced myself to have regular cleans and check ups since then because there is no point not looking after my perfectly healthy teeth
Mrs Fahrenheit
Wolly Addict

Re: fear of dentist :( **updated**

Postby McLisa » Wed Apr 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Well I had my appointment this afternoon and it was nothing like I remembered, lovely girl did my examination she was so nice and calming not like old butcher I used to have back home. Reality is I need 4 fillings but there's no rot or decay and it's spurred me on now to get the badly needed braces, just a shame I didn't get this done sooner to have nice teeth for wedding but can't dwell on that.

I've to go back in week or more for my fillings, don't get me wrong in still sugar scared :o0 but feel a bit more at ease. I think I just feel panicked and claustrophobic when someone's working in my mouth but thanks alot for all your help girls O-O
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Postby Bigsurprise » Wed Apr 11, 2022 4:20 pm

Well done. Thats the worst over. TBH Id rather have a filling than get my teeth cleaned. Always good when its all over though
[/url]
Bigsurprise
Mini Wolly

Postby McLisa » Wed Apr 11, 2022 4:29 pm

Yeah your right the worst bit was getting there and into the chair but the girl couldn't have been nicer even when I started the nervous tears as I lay back, feel like such a twit but ah well what can I do :-8
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Postby McLisa » Wed May 02, 2022 4:26 pm

Sooooooooooooo went back for 3 fillings today, was really busy in work all day so didn't have time to think about it and work myself but in all honesty I have no idea why I was nervous in the first place! Apart from the two injections which weren't all that bad, I didn't feel a thing and I mean nothing, zero, zilch! I actually zoned out for awhile and was working on my wedding to do list in my head.

I think i just had very traumatic experiences with my old dentist at home, he was very old school no nonsense and a bit of a butcher but things have changed so much, there isn't the loud whine of the drill or the feeling that your head is vibrating, I couldn't believe it was all over so quickly.

So any of you ladies with a dental fear please do not worry, I was sugar scared and put it off for almost 10 years and I really shouldn't have, it just wasn't worth it. Gotta go back in few weeks for other two fillings and I'm gonna see about getting braces - hopefully some inconspicuous ones, dont fancy train tracks at my age :yelrotflmaosmilie:

Thanks for all your help and reassurances ladies O-O
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Previous

Return to Off Topic