WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Where to eat- Kinsale??

Where to eat- Kinsale??

Postby MinnietheMinx » Fri Apr 27, 2022 2:24 pm

Myself and OH are heading to Cork for a few days soon to celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary (seems so long ago- to be a student again!)

We'll be in Kinsale the night of our anniversary and would like to go somewhere nice for a meal. Any recommendations?
MinnietheMinx
Woloholic

Re: Where to eat- Kinsale??

Postby MLeFleuffe » Fri Apr 27, 2022 2:28 pm

http://www.fishyfishy.ie/

Fishy Fishy is an absolute must. Was only there 2 weeks ago and still raving about it. Had John Dory and it was one of the best fish dishes I have ever had.
MLeFleuffe
Princess Wolly

Postby MinnietheMinx » Fri Apr 27, 2022 2:33 pm

I'm not a big fish eater so we were thinking of going there for lunch. It looks lovely!
MinnietheMinx
Woloholic

Postby MLeFleuffe » Fri Apr 27, 2022 2:35 pm

It's actually the same menu for lunch and dinner. Not really a conventional restaurant. We were there for lunch. My Mum isn't a fish eater either and she had a beautiful warm chicken salad.
Enjoy!
MLeFleuffe
Princess Wolly

Postby eefc » Fri Apr 27, 2022 2:47 pm

Man Fridays- yummy! Down to the Spaniard then for a few drinks sitting out on the benches- lovely!!

http://www.manfridaykinsale.ie/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyPWerw/]

[/url]

formally AoifC
eefc
Royal Wolly

Postby kittycatt24 » Fri Apr 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Crack pots is trip advisors no1 ranked restaurant in kinsale and is wel deserving of the title! It is delish! Friday/Saturdays they have a piano player.
Vista is lovely tapas/wine bar
Enjoy
[/url]

I'm so excited to marry my Beau xxx
kittycatt24
Royal Wolly

Postby R2theB » Fri Apr 27, 2022 3:56 pm

Been spending summers in Kinsale since I was a nipper, my dad has a holiday home down there, it is such an amazing place, with so much great choice for food. My two cents, first off stay for more than one night, there's too many places to try(!!), +1 on Crackpots, it's great. Have brunch/lunch/coffee & cake in the Lemon Leaf Cafe, a really lovely spot. Jim Edwards for a more fancy dinner, yummy. I love Fishy Fishy but not one to visit if you're not mad on fish. If you like pizza, Stolen Pizza is outrageously good. Man Fridays is totally MEH imo, sorry eefc :wv
[/url]

"Now what is a wedding? Well, Webster's dictionary describes a wedding as: the process of removing weeds from one's garden."
R2theB
Royal Wolly

Postby Couchkitten » Fri Apr 27, 2022 4:22 pm

The White Lady is lovely too and has a really nice mixture of food
http://www.whiteladyhotelkinsale.ie/kin ... aurant.asp

To be honest all the restaurants are lovely in Kinsale so you'll be spoilt for choice - so jealous - must plan a trip down sometime ourselves.
Couchkitten
Mini Wolly

Postby Jenny0305 » Fri Apr 27, 2022 4:55 pm

I posted on this same topic a couple of weeks ago, Max's in Kinsale is by far in my opinion the best restaurant it has everything good food really nice atmosphere, I have told loads to go there and nobody is ever unhappy. fishy fishy also lovely but yes for lunch is better for sure. If you go to Max's have the lamb...I dream about it!
Jenny0305
Princess Wolly

Postby MinnietheMinx » Mon Apr 30, 2022 7:58 am

Thanks for all the suggestions girls. We will be there for 2 nights but I want to go somewhere kind of fancy the night of our anniversary. I'll google all the above mentioned and see which ones I like the look of.
MinnietheMinx
Woloholic

Return to Off Topic