WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Run Fat B!tch Run - Anyone done this?

Run Fat B!tch Run - Anyone done this?

Postby lovethesite » Sat Apr 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Girls, got this a few days ago and its so inspiring but 15 minutes continuous jogging in week 2 OMG?? is that not really hard? I know she emphasises really slow but would love to hear of others that have done it. Anything to get my fat ass motivated!! Did ye loose weight also, I'm assuming walking 90 minutes 5 days a week would shift some weight!! Have about 10 pounds to loose for soooooooo long. Just cant seem to find the will power to shift it :-( BUT THATS ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE...........:-)

Anyone starting this interested in doing a challenge??
lovethesite
Major Wolly

Re: Run Fat B!tch Run - Anyone done this?

Postby FlexyDee » Sat Apr 28, 2022 9:06 pm

Hi!

One of my friends is reading that book, I haven't done it myself BUT...

I took up running and tried 20 mins of running on day 2 and it's actually fine - I just willed myself to keep going and by the end of my week 1 - I was doing about 45 mins continuous running.

Best of luck :wv
FlexyDee
Supreme Wolly

Postby Mamabear » Sun Apr 29, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi,

I'm mid-way through the book. I was thinking of doing the walking plan where you walk for an hour and a half every day and then build it up to a jog in your own time rather than the set plan she gives.

I did a personal tailored plan about 4 years ago with a running trainer as an absolute running novice and it took me nearly 10 weeks of walk/run intervals to build up to 30 mins continuous running. Even with that slow build-up, I injured my hip and had to give up running altogether which was so dispiriting.

So I do think the Run Fat Bitch Run Programme is a bit too much for beginners. I am starting tomorrow. I have to walk for an hour and a half every day for the next few weeks. To be honest, I don't know how I'm going to do it! I walk a lot and live in a very hilly area. I find after a good 45 - 60 min walk, I am wrecked so doing 90 mins every day sounds excessive.

Will give it a go anyway and let you know how I get on. It will prob be xmas before I start running lol!
Mamabear
New Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Sun Apr 29, 2022 9:49 pm

I think the couch to 5k programme sounds more sustainable. I did it a while back and it builds up over 9 weeks, alternating between walking and running. I then went onto the couch to 10k programme and was running 50 minutes four times a week. I was recommended it by a friend who said it was the most realistic way of building up to proper running as you take your time. I would really recommend it, rather than starting out running for 20 minutes on the second week of a programme. I know I wouldn't have stuck with something like that!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby Meggi » Mon Apr 30, 2022 9:23 am

I did the Couch 2 5k last year and definitely think it is a better plan if you are starting from scratch. Maybe the schedule in the Run Fat B!tch Run book would suit some people but I wouldn't have stuck to it. I wouldn't have the patience or time to walk for 90 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. The c25k is much more managable and you can always increase your distance after you have completed the 9 week programme.

Having said all that, I did find the book worth a read and it has some great motivation tips. I don't agree with everything she says - especially in relation to food, mainly carb intake, but each to their own. Low carb suits me. But since reading the book I have increased the number of runs I do, I used to run 3 times, now I run at least 4 and aim for 5 each week. And I have used lots of her tips to get me out the door and also to stop me eating rubbish.
Meggi
New Wolly

Postby Bridester » Mon Apr 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Just wondering is this book all about the running or is it about motivation and not making excuses anymore? More interested in the latter and have heard good things about this book, can you advise? Cheers!
Bridester
Princess Wolly

Postby Meggi » Tue May 01, 2022 11:41 am

Bridester wrote:Just wondering is this book all about the running or is it about motivation and not making excuses anymore? More interested in the latter and have heard good things about this book, can you advise? Cheers!

Hi Bridester,
The book is about both running and motivation. It has a running plann layed out mid-way through. It's an eight week plan I think. I didn't follow her running plan so not really too sure. I kind of skimmed that part. She recommends a route which should take approx 90 mins to walk and you walk that initially and then start to jog mid-way through and each week increase the distance you jog. Once you've ran/jogged as long as you can you go back to walking. When Istarted off I used a programme which had intervals of walking and jogging and I preferred that method.

The book includes details of her own experiences of running and other peoples. She got her Mum out running and her husband and they share their experiences as do other friends and family.

The motivation side is really great I have to say. She also goes into some basic food recommendations and gives some recipes so it covers a lot. I'd recommend it overall. You will take bits from it and some parts won't suit you but it's worth a read.
Meggi
New Wolly

Postby Bridester » Tue May 01, 2022 4:28 pm

Thanks Meggi, appreciate the detail - think I'm gonna get it, give it a go - thinking of getting it for the kindle. Cheers.
Bridester
Princess Wolly

Return to Off Topic