WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Oh yes, the guilty feeling...

Oh yes, the guilty feeling...

Postby chick2012 » Tue May 01, 2022 8:39 am

I have become seriously strict with our finances as wedding in a couple of months and really trying hard to save it all before the day... So much so ive become an absolute tightass with money! My hair hasnt been cut in 6months, it doesnt look too bad but i know il feel guilty if i spend money on it :eek We have the cash there but i know il feel after that 80e was a lot to spend on getting my hair cut and coloured! Does anyone else go through this? The guilt of treating yourself even if you can afford to? We have no debts, own our house outright and im still like this, am i a tightass :o0 :o0 :o0
chick2012
Mini Wolly

Re: Oh yes, the guilty feeling...

Postby ciaraella » Tue May 01, 2022 8:45 am

I get the guilt but i still end up spending the money :-8
if you wanted to save a bit you could keep an eye on all the groupon and livingsocial offers, they usually have deals on haircuts and colouring

Baby led weaning and loving it!
ciaraella
Empress Wolly

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Tue May 01, 2022 9:09 am

I know what you mean completely! I went to Urban Decay to treat myself and walked away with two small items for €70 last week. When I told H2B he was shocked, I don't normally splurge but felt guilty since!

I think Ciaraella's idea of keeping an eye out on Groupon is a good one, I was going to suggest it myself. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a decent hair cut! Hope it goes well for you.

Eleanor Rigby
Mini Wolly

Postby Ellefun » Tue May 01, 2022 9:13 am

I hate that. I feel I have to justify every cent I spend (to myself, not justify to DH!) Money is tight though so that's our reason. We aren't just being tight fisted for no reason. :o0 I can't wait til we have some financial breathing space and I can spend without that horrible pang that I may plunge us into bankrupcy!
Ellefun
Princess Wolly

Postby chick2012 » Tue May 01, 2022 9:50 am

Thanks girlies will have a look at groupon now, i just found a grey hair.. i think its time i did get my hair dne :o0
chick2012
Mini Wolly

Postby lcarrick » Tue May 01, 2022 12:02 pm

or if you go to a salon, they do classes sometimes in the evening, and most places are half price :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lcarrick
Wolly Addict

Postby ReginaFalange » Tue May 01, 2022 1:51 pm

Hmmm, can't say that I ever feel guilty spending money if I can afford to. If it was a toss up between food for the little fella and a bottle of wine and the wine came out on top then I probably would feel guilty afterwards alright.

Go and get your hair done and enjoy it!
ReginaFalange
Wittiest Wolly & Most Honest Wolly 2011

Postby candlequeen » Tue May 01, 2022 6:18 pm

ciaraella wrote:I get the guilt but i still end up spending the money :-8
if you wanted to save a bit you could keep an eye on all the groupon and livingsocial offers, they usually have deals on haircuts and colouring

This. I get the guilt, spend the money, then feel guilty again. I'm supposed to be on a spending ban now and I spend €30 on makeup for myself today and you'd swear I robbed a bank, I felt sick thinking about it!

Feck it, you can't be frugal 100% of the time, get your hair done & enjoy it, you only live once. *Takes own advice*
candlequeen
Major Wolly

Postby happieout » Tue May 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Hate to say it but you're a bit tight :)
No seriously, if you have the money then get it done, you'll feel better about yourself and that's worth more than saving it. Money is to be enjoyed if you have it and you've no debts so chill out, it's not like you're putting it on a horse!
I'd love to know how you're so debt free, fair play!
happieout
Woloholic

Postby chick2012 » Tue May 01, 2022 7:06 pm

edited because tmi!
Thanks girls, booking in hair app for thurs to cover the grays!!!!! :o0
chick2012
Mini Wolly

Return to Off Topic