WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Cheap B&Bs near Killenard Hertiage HOtel Laois

Cheap B&Bs near Killenard Hertiage HOtel Laois

Postby BrideOfRecession » Tue May 01, 2022 8:58 pm

We've a wedding to go to soon in Laois. But we are totally broke, I mean completely. We have no car so have to stay the night for the wedding. Does anyone know a cheap B&B that is close to The Heritage Hotel in Laois? ONe we could walk to the hotel from so we wouldn't have to pay for a taxi. I sound like a total skinflint here but we really are struggling at the moment (who isn't?)

Thanks
Shameless self promotion of my blog http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/
BrideOfRecession
Ultimate Wolly

Re: Cheap B&Bs near Killenard Hertiage HOtel Laois

Postby moobride » Tue May 01, 2022 10:07 pm

http://www.goireland.com/laois/hillcres ... d44528.htm

maybe have a look at here? says its on 100m from the heritage?
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
moobride
Royal Wolly

Postby missussunshine » Tue May 01, 2022 10:23 pm

Was going to go searching for the name of mine when i checked moobrides link and thats where i was going to recommend, stayed there for a wedding in the Heritage and its literally at the gate of the hotel, think it was €100 for the double room though, not the cheapest B&B ever but it was really lovely and very handy.
missussunshine
Mini Wolly

Postby BrideOfRecession » Wed May 02, 2022 9:04 am

Thanks girls, I saw that one alright but it is a bit expensive for us. Don't know what we're gonna do TBH.
Shameless self promotion of my blog http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/
BrideOfRecession
Ultimate Wolly

Postby ott » Wed May 02, 2022 9:15 am

How much would it be for you to hire a car for 24 hours? €30-€40? Would you consider that?

Are there cheaper B&Bs in the surrounding areas? Maybe price a taxi back to one of them.

Are there any other couples from Dublin travelling down who would consider taking a taxi back to Dublin with you? I'd imagine it would be about €100, but ring a local taxi to get an estimate. (We live in Kildare and DH recently took a taxi home from Dublin, it was €50 on the meter.)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
ott
Empress Wolly

Postby BrideOfRecession » Wed May 02, 2022 11:54 am

Thanks OTT - we're looking into the car hire now. I didn't realise it was so cheap. OH won't be able to drink but I'll join him on the water and we'll be grand.
BrideOfRecession
Ultimate Wolly

Return to Off Topic