WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Samantha Brick....again.

Re: Samantha Brick....again.

Postby Bigsurprise » Wed May 02, 2022 3:58 pm

I actually really admire Mary Beard. I have read a lot of her stuff and studied some of her research. I couldn’t care less what she looks like to be honest as would no normal person. Honestly who comments on things like that!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Bigsurprise
Mini Wolly

Re: Samantha Brick....again.

Postby theoracle » Wed May 02, 2022 4:23 pm

Smileykaz wrote:I wonder did Samantha Brick ever stop to think that maybe the BBC DID offer her guidance with her wardrobe, or offer to put make up on her and Mary Beard say 'No thanks, I'm grand?'

Cos, you know, Mary is confident in herself and the programme she was presenting not to want hair and make-up?

I wonder does it ever enter her tiny little mind that not everybody cares about looks, not everybody puts the same importance on looks that she does, not everybody is so insecure that they HAVE to be dolled up at every given moment?

I wonder does Samantha Brick ever think 'I like fashion and make-up, that woman over there isn't so interested in it. And that's grand.' Like make-up, don't like make-up it's a personal choice and whichever you choose is fine?

She's just so blinded by her own narcissism, her own insecurities and her own warped view of women that she can't see past the end of her perfectly powdered nose.

I think you give her far too much credit Simley...I doubt that this article was based on any sort of analysis or deeper thought, even from her narrow minded point of view. It strikes me as an attempt to gather up some dust again, specifically an excuse to 'revive' the old article again, lazy lazy lazy journalism.
theoracle
Most Helpful, Most Knowledgeable User 2011

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beatingmyselfintoadress, cunninj48, holmum, littlesugarloaf, rosie_mama, teapotty and 33 guests

Dont settle for the norm- Announce your wedding with a unique caricature invitation!

The Word Is Out! The most exciting wedding band in Dublin. Gossipband.ie for music and videos.

Professional portrait and wedding photographer based in Longford

Popular choice for church and reception music - Trish provides a combination of Flute, Singing, Violin with Guitar accompaniment.

Romantic couples seeking a breathtakingly beautiful private wedding with a sense of the eclectic need look no further than the fairytale setting of Castle Leslie Estat

Rubistyle wedding coverage is a mix of relaxed reportage and creative portraiture.

We promise to be with you every step to help you tailor your wedding music.

Bespoke Wedding Jewellery design. Also, ring cleaning, polishing and stone polishing. Immediate competitive estimates.

Make your special day even more magical by letting the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport take care of you and up to 250 of your guests.

A Rich, powerful, joyous celebration of your wedding through gospel music with The Really Truly Joyful, Ennis Gospel Choir.

Offering the perfect backdrop for your promise to love, honour and cherish each other forever and ever.

Irelands newest four star luxury hotel the Crowne Plaza Dublin Blanchardstown offers the comfort, luxury and style that is to be expected from a world class wedding venue.

Knightline are a six piece fully live wedding band which includes professional experienced musicians and four talented lead vocalists.

Everything you will need for your wedding day - Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, Bridal Accessories, Mother of the bride/groom collections and a Menswear hire department.

Whether you choose traditional hymns or more contemporary songs, Emer OLeary Music can cater to all your needs.

photographs which are classic and timeless, and also capture the spontaneous moments of your day.

Kevin has years of experience of wedding photography and will help you relax on the big day.

Danielle has worked for many top names in the Irish fashion industry,such as Off the Rails, Tattler, U Magazine, Shiseido and Giorgio Armani. With a wealth of experience in Bridal makeup, Danielle will create that perfect look for your big day.

..operates throughout Leinster and provides a stylishly unique travel experience for groups.

I will deliver to you a modern wedding film you can be proud of, romantic but not cheesy, funny but not silly, classic but not old fashioned.

We are committed to working with our clients to give them guaranteed satisfaction, and a quality and reliable service for their special day.

You will get your wedding gown looking like it did on that special day. Call (01) 4942266

Wedding Photographer covering Kildare Dublin Laois Kilkenny Carlow

Guaranteed to have your dance floor jammed full of happy guests

When you choose Carlton Hotel Kinsale you are assured the ultimate in personal attention, service and value for money.

Fully trained Makeup artist. Contact Grace at 086 790 3550 or [email protected]

Located one of the most prestigious addresses in Dublin and offers a stunning venue for couples.

Ideal gift: make a photobook, card or calendar with your photos.

Cork's Premier Wedding Venue.

Professional mobile hair service run by Dublin based hair stylist Jennifer Kelly.