WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Stop putting it off-motivation thread!

Stop putting it off-motivation thread!

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Wed May 09, 2022 10:28 am

How about having a thread where we finally decide to do those things we've been putting on the long finger?

I'll start! Finally booked driving lessons today. I've renewed my provisional/learner permit for the third time and I'm just a disgrace for not getting sorted with driving. I'm really motivated now (partly because of baby on the way) and determined to do my lessons, learn what I need to learn and pass the test. Booked my lessons this morning and there are no more excuses, this is getting done!
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Re: Stop putting it off-motivation thread!

Postby BusyDee » Wed May 09, 2022 10:39 am

Good on you! You won't know yourself being able to drive. Best of luck with it.

I have to lose at least 2 and a half stone, ideally 3, I lost weight when I was pregnant and I swore I wouldnt put it on afterwards but I have been stuffing my face for the last 7 months so I'm determined to have the majority of it lost by her first birthday.

Was thinking of going back to ww or maybe unislim?? To be honest diet isnt the problem as in I know what to eat to lose weight but I just need the motivation and someone weighing me every week and encouraging me.
BusyDee
Ultimate Wolly

Postby betty draper » Wed May 09, 2022 11:08 am

My kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing, not the once over mopping we've been doing - i've definitely been putting that off not to mention the clear out of the spare rooms :-8

Will be on my hands and knees this weekend in advance of the large family gathering next week.
The first time most of them will see the re-decorative effort of DH & I!
The Ooh Betty Makes Blog, Twitter and Facebook are all up an running. Feel free to 'like' or 'follow' or just ignore!
I will be adding the etsy page soon....

Ooh Betty FF

Ooh Betty Blog

ImageImage
betty draper
Major Wolly

Postby Mari yay » Wed May 09, 2022 11:11 am

Well done ACS, you won't know yourself when you have the freedom of driving!

I have to get started on baby's room, because we are trying to do baby's room and our room at the same time. I had a list of all the jobs to be done for the month of May but we are behind already and I'm so annoyed about it!

So I think I might start washing baby clothes just so I feel like I'm doing SOMETHING.

Mari yay
Empress Wolly

Postby buddylove » Wed May 09, 2022 11:25 am

I need to stop chasing stupid dreams about travelling and go back and get a job!

Gave up a month ago and now things arent looking good so need to get a great CV together!!! Been putting off accepting this!!

buddylove
Empress Wolly

Postby R2theB » Wed May 09, 2022 11:30 am

I need to pull all the hand washing stuff out of the bottom of my laundry basket and actually wash them, some gorgeous things stagnating down there for the best part of a year. Apart from that, lose weight, stop eating biscuits in work, on the right track there already though! GO TEAM WOL! :hyper:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"Now what is a wedding? Well, Webster's dictionary describes a wedding as: the process of removing weeds from one's garden."
R2theB
Princess Wolly

Postby coolkeevs » Wed May 09, 2022 12:10 pm

i am finally going back to join slimming world after talking myself out of it for months, the diet starts 2m. hoping that thsi is going to speed along our hopes of concieving, and maybe with the dieting ill be focused on that all the rest will all come together :-) fingers crossed i get this weight shifted, finally be able to fit into clothes again

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfqSPnE/]

[/url]
coolkeevs
Mini Wolly

Postby PussyGalore » Wed May 09, 2022 1:38 pm

Good luck with the lessons ACS! I learned to drive for the third time when I was 33 and I was freaked out about it, had myself psyched out of it but I LOVE driving! The freedom you will have is unbeatable!

I need a serious motivational kick. Right now I need to get out of my dog walking gear and into proper clothes and go to the shop, I'm feeling pretty bad today from the dreaded tum so I'm not really in the mood to go out.

Secondly, there are a few opportunities opening up for me for the last while and I can't seem to motivate myself to do them. I have the chance to open a staff at a local art gallery/craft shop to sell pre-loved clothes, I have the idea of how I want to lay it out and do you think I can get my ass in gear for it? I've been put off because some snotty oul wan was very critical of my idea a few months ago. I also could exhibit some of my photos but I haven't the balls to do that either.

Go TEAM WOL!
To get around the Wol Zapper, spell my name as: Pu$$y Galore!
Oh yeah, and I was formerly shumbles!

Another Wollie with a blog:
365 Photography Project: http://pixbyshumbles.wordpress.com/
PussyGalore
Best Wedding Report 2011

Postby teapotty » Wed May 09, 2022 1:44 pm

R2theB wrote:I need to pull all the hand washing stuff out of the bottom of my laundry basket and actually wash them, some gorgeous things stagnating down there for the best part of a year.

This plus bring a lovely good dress to the dry cleaners that has been in the bottom of the wardrobe since February :-8
teapotty
Wolly Addict

Postby Rocksie80 » Wed May 09, 2022 1:47 pm

ACS- I will be joining you on the driving. I've put it off so much, and never wanted to do it. Now, however, I have come round to the idea. I really want to do my lessons and pass my test. I hope that actually wanting to do it gives me the push I need!

What I also want to do is get my arse in gear and make more jewelery. I've made bits and pieces for a few years, and people seem to really like it. I am currently doing the pieces for my cousin's wedding (bride and 3 BMs). I am really enjoying it, and would love to have a little stall in a craft fair. No good just thinking about it though!!

PG- Go for it with your stall and photos- you're pics are really good and you always had fab outfits in the "what am I wearing today" thread- you have an eye for it!! (miss that thread btw!)
[/url]
Rocksie80
Empress Wolly

Postby PussyGalore » Wed May 09, 2022 2:09 pm

Rocksie, thankyou!
And best of luck with the driving, it's actually very easy when you get the knack of it and don't be freaking out over other drivers, we all had to start somewhere (obviously!). The jewellery-making sounds promising, you should definitely see if you can do a few craft fairs ...
To get around the Wol Zapper, spell my name as: Pu$$y Galore!
Oh yeah, and I was formerly shumbles!

Another Wollie with a blog:
365 Photography Project: http://pixbyshumbles.wordpress.com/
PussyGalore
Best Wedding Report 2011

Postby babyhopesanddreams12 » Wed May 09, 2022 4:25 pm

ACS and Rocksie good luck with the lessons. You wont know yourselves once you get going and will be kicking yourself you didnt start sooner..

I have so much to get on with - clearing the spare room and giving the kitchen a damn damn damn good clean. Plus need to sort the wardrobe and throw out everything I never wear..
[/url]

TTC Since Sept 2010
Dh S.A Jan 2012 - all ok
Day 3 bloods Dec 2011- ok
Day 21 bloods Dec 2011 - ok
Pelvic ultrasound - March 2012 - have a small cyst on both left and right
ovary - both are very small!!
Another ultrasound booked for July 31st??
babyhopesanddreams12
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Flower Girl » Wed May 09, 2022 4:59 pm

This is a great thread, ladies! I've been promising myself for years that I'd have a go at writing something decent - I keep starting things but then not having the commitment to finish them off, so I have a few chapters of a novel and half a dozen unfinished short stories floating around on my computer. Once the wedding is over I'd really like to knuckle down and see if I can get something completed - even if it's never read by anybody but myself!
[/url]

www.tryingtobegrownup.com
Flower Girl
Mini Wolly

Postby RainbowNinja » Wed May 09, 2022 5:04 pm

Great thread!

I've been saying for ages that I was going to give up smoking but used the wedding as an excuse as didn't want to put on weight.. Now 7 months after the wedding, finally took the plunge after another excuse after another and am now a non smoker for 9 days
RainbowNinja
Empress Wolly

gold.......

Postby SorrentoWife » Wed May 09, 2022 7:33 pm

Our kitchen floor needs to be scrubbed! With the rain we had over Punchestown the dog has it destroyed. Was at races all that week and then last week was mad busy in work so never got round to it. Promised myself I'd do it this week and its now Wednesday evening and not done! We've my brothers, their gf's and 2 friends coming for dinner Sat night so has to be done by then!

Plus the bed in one of the spare rooms is full of clean clothes that need to be folded and put away. Will do that tomorrow and then tackle the floor Fri!
SorrentoWife
Ultimate Wolly

Next

Return to Off Topic