WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Natual remedies for stress and insomnia

Natual remedies for stress and insomnia

Postby BusyDee » Wed May 09, 2022 10:51 am

Anyone any tips or any natural products they used for dealing with stress and I also have severe insomina (I did a course of sleeping tablets for a week but I hate taking anything) I think if I solve the insomnia the stress will go as Im stressing about not sleeping so its a bit of a vicious circle!
BusyDee
Ultimate Wolly

Re: Natual remedies for stress and insomnia

Postby chell2012 » Wed May 09, 2022 3:43 pm

I could have written this post BusyDee!

Anyone have any tips? O:|
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
chell2012
New Wolly

Postby Girl From Mars » Wed May 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi ladies, I've been here before. First and foremost address this in your diet and lifestyle as much as possible. Give yourself an hour each day to get out and walk or whatever your preferred exercise is- anything that'll give you a bit of head space. Switch to decaff everything if possible, if not, no caffeine after 6 at the very latest. Try to eat dinner early and definitely no heavy foods before bed. Keep sugary food to a minimum too.

There's a visualisation technique that can be done anywhere you can take 5 quiet minutes. Just sit or lie comfortably, close your eyes and envision yourself relaxing on a beach or wherever you think you'd have the least stress. Perhaps recall a time in your life that was particularly stress free and imagine yourself back there.

Finally as you're going to bed you should avoid TV for about 30 minutes beforehand. Sex is a good idea, the chemicals produced should help you sleep >:o) However if that's not possible there's a mental exercise you can do as you close your eyes to try and sleep. It's called environmental inventory I think. Basically lying down with your eyes closed take stock of the room around you in your head so like: "I'm in my room, the walls are blue, the bed sheets are yellow, nothing is wrong, everything is in it's place..." and go through all the details of the room. If you find you are more than about 40 mins trying to get to sleep with no joy, get up, read for a half hour and then go back to bed. Milk (hot or cold) is good to drink as there's something in calcium that helps you sleep. Boots also have herbal insomnia tablets that work well and I think rescue remedy do one too.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Girl From Mars
Princess Wolly

Postby BusyDee » Wed May 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Thanks for that GFM I do the no eating or drinking tea after 6/7 rule and it helped a bit, will try the mental excersise, thanks.

Hope you get some relief too chell2012!
BusyDee
Ultimate Wolly

Postby flor » Thu May 10, 2022 12:18 pm

-regular vigourous exercise (but not after 8pm as it may have the opposite effect!)
-yoga &/or meditation - it takes a while (as in, a couple of classes), but does work eventually... it's just good practice for making you still your mind and regulate your breathing.
- as others have said - diet. cut out, or at least, down on the C.R.A.P. (Caffeine, Refined sugar, Alcohol Processed foods )
flor
Royal Wolly

Postby Madame bijoux » Thu May 10, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi

Valerian tea is good for insomnia. It's kinda tasteless but it smells horrible. You can get Valerian root in capsule form too if you can't drink the tea.

I've seen night Kalms recommended before on the site.

I've taken these before and found them quite good.
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... =223&sid=0

Hope you get sorted soon. There's nothing worse than insomnia :wv
Madame bijoux
Mini Wolly

Postby bluepolkadots » Thu May 10, 2022 8:25 pm

as others have said - diet. cut out, or at least, down on the C.R.A.P. (Caffeine, Refined sugar, Alcohol Processed foods )

I like this! Sounds weird but I like how you describe C.R.A.P.!

I don't have any tips to add, reading this thread for some tips for myself!

Previously bearbride2be, fancied a change

bluepolkadots
Mini Wolly

Postby jewellb » Thu May 10, 2022 9:08 pm

i find rescue remedy great and the spray is really handy!!!

also a good b complex with magnesium viridian do a really good one, b vits are for stress, also a calcium supp will help it coats your nerve endings!!! take it at night!!!
First IVF starts April 25th!!!
2 extraordinary embryos transferred 8th may, OTD 22nd may!!!
BFP !!!!!!!!!! BETA 321.71

"Worry is interest paid for a debt you may never owe"

jewellb
Wolly Addict

Postby peonybaby » Thu May 10, 2022 10:16 pm

I find chamomile tea is very relaxing before bedtime.

A little bit of lavender oil on your pillow is also supposed to be good.
Formerly known as secretbride2be

36 yrs old ttc 1st since nov 2011
peonybaby
Mini Wolly

Postby Littlebo » Thu May 10, 2022 10:41 pm

Valerian Root capsules stink but are really good for me. I work late a lot and I need time to unwind once I finish. I sometimes have a glass of wine after a long day but try not to until the weekend.

A nice walk and definitely lavender scented candles and sometimes a Valerian root will do the trick to unwind, relax and go to sleep.
Littlebo
Woloholic

Return to Off Topic