WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Very very dry skin

Very very dry skin

Postby CarolinaMoon » Fri May 11, 2022 1:31 pm

I have very very dry skin as you might gather from the title of the thread.....

Its on my sides and across my middle. I have had it on and off for years but its pretty awful at the moment and the skin is discoloured and the dryness is deep if that makes sense. Its not just flaking but looks like it goes through layers of skin if that makes sense. I have been to doctors over the years and the suggestions are always double bass, aqueous cream or E45. I was put on an antibiotic last year incase it was a skin infection but it hasn't improved. The worst area is my sides.

At the moment I am avoiding normal soap and using aqueos cream to wash with. I am also rubbing in olive oil and have been trying body butters from Body Shop but nothing is helping.

Any ideas/miracles?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Re: Very very dry skin

Postby Mrs2be2012 » Fri May 11, 2022 1:45 pm

Hey..

You must be extremely frustrated with it. Sounds like its pretty bad. I have been suffering from dry skin too .. now I don't think it is as bad as yours but not nice all the same. Mine was the result of using antibiotic cream to clear my skin for the wedding.

Anyways, I was talking to a girl in a pharmacy and she recommended Clarins Rose Oil I think it is. I have found it absolutely fantastic. You just put it on at night before you go to bed after cleansing your face and leave it on. I can get the exact name for you later when I get home if you like.

You did say you were using olive oil so maybe it won't help but i'd said i'd suggest it just in case. Good luck with it and I hope you find something to resolve it!!
[/url]
Mrs2be2012
Mini Wolly

Postby islandlil » Fri May 11, 2022 1:48 pm

Poor you Cm,

I have very dry skin too. Have tried every cream going but no miracle cure yet! I find exfoliating/body brushing good and I really like the vaseline body oil (cocoa). It is oily but absorbs quickly. The latest garnier cocoa butter lotion for v dry skin is good as is their maple range (red bottle or white one). Body shop cocoa butter is also v good. I love e45 but more for the face.

SHowering every day, esp in winter is not great I find or chlorine.
islandlil
Royal Wolly

Postby CarolinaMoon » Fri May 11, 2022 2:17 pm

Mrs2be2012 wrote:Anyways, I was talking to a girl in a pharmacy and she recommended Clarins Rose Oil I think it is. I have found it absolutely fantastic. You just put it on at night before you go to bed after cleansing your face and leave it on. I can get the exact name for you later when I get home if you like.

quote]

Thank you, I will look for this! I wonder if its like Bio Oil.

islandlil wrote:Poor you Cm,

I have very dry skin too. Have tried every cream going but no miracle cure yet! I find exfoliating/body brushing good and I really like the vaseline body oil (cocoa). It is oily but absorbs quickly. The latest garnier cocoa butter lotion for v dry skin is good as is their maple range (red bottle or white one). Body shop cocoa butter is also v good. I love e45 but more for the face.

SHowering every day, esp in winter is not great I find or chlorine.

I exfoliate with the olive oil and a little salt a couple of times a week. I will check out those recommendations too.

As for the showering every day - guilty as charges. I know I shouldn't. I know its hell on my skin and I have tried cutting down to every second day but its such a habit and I find it hard to break.
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Postby CB2012 » Fri May 11, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi cm

Have you tried bio oil? I found it great it's expensive but worth it. I used to get really dry skin on my legs and arms I used this when pregnant and as well as being spared from stretch marks my dry skin was cured :)
CB2012
Mini Wolly

Postby BrideOfRecession » Fri May 11, 2022 4:20 pm

I think jojoba oil is a little miracle worker. You could mix it with castor oil and rub it in after a shower, when your skin is still damp. Castor oil is very dense though and feels a bit icky on the skin but I love it. Use cold pressed and organic if possible. Jojoba oil is very close to natural skin oil so it's really easy on your skin.
Shameless self promotion of my blog http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/
BrideOfRecession
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Anne Cordelia Shirley » Fri May 11, 2022 4:23 pm

I have quite bad dermatitis on my hands and sometimes my arms. I had been around loads of doctors trying to deal with it but eventually the cause was diagnosed as mild stress. Could this be an issue for you? My GP tracked when I was getting flare ups (I have it all the time but it gets really, really bad sometimes) and they always coincided with when I was doing exams, had stress with family illness etc. Just something to consider, when the stress issue was tackled my skin really cleared up.
Anne Cordelia Shirley
Woloholic

Postby come dine with me » Fri May 11, 2022 8:24 pm

Oh I have such dry skin nd have yrs of different creams behind me!first thing is stay away from aqueous it has so much water un it it actually takes so much moisture from ur skin.get either coconut oil(comes in a tub nd hard until u rub it in) r else silcocks base.think coconut da best.drink loads of tap water not bottled.good luck I feel ur pain
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;0;19/st/20120303/dt/5/k/a6f1/preg.png[/img]
[/url]
come dine with me
Mini Wolly

Postby moobride » Fri May 11, 2022 8:57 pm

http://www.elemis.com/Bodycare/ProductD ... px?pid=151

If you can get some of this, its amazing. A little pricey, but well worth it. You can use it as a body lotion or as a bath soak.
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCodeâ„¢ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
moobride
Royal Wolly

Postby CarolinaMoon » Fri May 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Thank you all very much. There are loads of things there for me to try out.

One thing that I have just remembered and probably has an impact is that my thyroid is a bit "off" again at the moment and I have had to have an increase in medication. Underactive thyroid = dry dry skin so looks like I will have to wait for it to level out but in the meantime will give some of your recommendations a bash. :thnk
[/url]
CarolinaMoon
Wolly Addict

Postby nelswife » Sat May 12, 2022 9:25 am

My little fella has really bad eczema, and we were told in our ladys hospital to use Epaderm on his skin to moisturise it, its like a miracle cream!!..quite oily but you can use it in the shower and as a moisturiser, you can get it in the chemist!!

Seriouslsy try it!!
[url=http://lilypie.com]ImageImage[/url
nelswife
Empress Wolly

Postby skf » Mon May 14, 2022 7:02 pm

I have really dry skin too, I have eczema and underactive thyroid, so I feel your pain. For washing try the Aveeno Shower Oil, I've only recently started using it and I'm finding it great so far. I'm also using Avene Trixera Emollient Balm recommended to me by my GP, you can get it in Doc Morris chemists. Another thing I use regularly is Emulsifying Ointment, I slather it on thick at night and it really helps.
skf
Mini Wolly

Postby ott » Mon May 14, 2022 7:29 pm

I have psoriasis and eczema. My dermatologist told me to use Aveeno Hydrating Body Wash instead of cleanser on my face. I use it as my shower gel too. I use Aveeno Cream instead of moisturiser on my face, and Aveeno Skin Relief as body lotion. I would definitely recommend all three products.

I was using Oilatum cream too and found it great for about 18 months but now my skin doesn't seem to like it anymore.
[/url]
ott
Empress Wolly

Return to Off Topic