WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Dog in heat and misbehaving

Pets, Animal Issues...

Dog in heat and misbehaving

Postby lovebnmrsg » Wed Feb 22, 2022 7:01 pm

Just wondering does anyone have experience of their dog going into heat and being so so bold, it's like she's fearless now doesn't care how much we tell her off she won't listen. Is this normal?

lovebnmrsg
Major Wolly

Re: Dog in heat and misbehaving

Postby trance » Wed Feb 22, 2022 7:09 pm

I don't have any personal experience (thankfully!!) of females in heat but I have heard and read about such behaviour, I think they are just focussed on the one thing (mating) and their hormones are going crazy, it's like a woman with really bad PMT!! Hope you manage to keep her 'untouched' and get her spayed soon as ya can!!
trance
Woloholic

Postby lovebnmrsg » Wed Feb 22, 2022 8:18 pm

Hoping to get her done in June when we have a little time for her again I don't think it would be fair to her to be just over an operation and have new baby in house. Thankfully I'm home all day with her at the mo so she doesn't move outside without me watching!! Thanks for the reply, she's gotten really protective growling and woofing which she never did, and just generally not listening. >:o( O:|

lovebnmrsg
Major Wolly

Postby trance » Thu Feb 23, 2022 12:15 pm

Ah that's good, hope it doens't last too long with the moods although I believe their heat can last about 3 weeks start to finish, I don't know if she would be like that for the whole time though, just be careful walking her or being outside your house with her as intact males will jump walls, fences, anything to get to her. If the worst does happen I believe you can get a 'morning after' type pill from the vet!! It makes you wonder how people who don't spay their females put up with it doesn't it, it would do my head in!!
trance
Woloholic

Postby keepitsimple » Thu Feb 23, 2022 2:49 pm

yes our girl was completely nutty when she was in heat bless her! And I also found each time she went into heat it got worse (she was about 3 when we got her spayed - long story as to why so late!) I would be careful with letting her out without been leashed for at least 3 weeks although I did find the worst of it passes in about a week! The growling/barking is normal too - she just wants to get laid :o0 Ours would go from been high to very low aswell - one minute running, barking driving us all crazy and then into her bed and wouldn't even look at us, all moody! Are we like this with PMT?? :innocent: We have a male who was neutered and our girl drove him mad aswell, she kept trying to get him to follow her to the other room and then would reverse herself into him, he had no interest it was so funny to watch :yelrotflmaosmilie: Spaying is the only answer and best thing ever but until then you'll just have to bare with it!
keepitsimple
Major Wolly

Postby Cupcake666 » Tue Mar 20, 2022 8:15 pm

OMG yes!! our dog went into heat and i had planned on getting her spaid before her first heat but she was so tiny i completely forgot her age and just figured she was still a pup! well what a shock when this angry bold brat came into my kitchen! i swear she was actually giving me "the evil eye" she wouldnt even come over to me when i called her, at one point my OH told me to "just leave the poor thing alone shes as pis*y as you are at that time of the month, must be a female thing" that was his reasoning!? :o0 :o0 and that lasted literally AGES!! i think she started milking it tho because she would lye in the sitting room with a sad head on her, of course getting endless sympathy and the odd sly slice of ham!! :o0 :o0
Cupcake666
New Wolly

Postby pooch90 » Fri Mar 23, 2022 5:51 pm

Our lady is a nightmare for the week before her heat.
She just sulks and looks for sympathy when the actual heat has come.
It's from day 10 I think that she will accept males so that's the time to watch her.
pooch90
New Wolly

Return to WOL Furry Friends