WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Transporting Decorations??

Transporting Decorations??

Postby spanish2012bride » Mon Oct 03, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi all,

I am getting married in Nerja next year and I'm loving the vintage chabby chic look. I can get this from decorators out in Spain but it would cost me an absolute fortune!! I can get a lot of things here from Ikea, ebay, carboot sales ect plus I could resell them... Problem is transporting them!

Have any of you done this or thinking of doing so?

spanish2012bride
New Wolly

Re: Transporting Decorations??

Postby McLisa » Mon Oct 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Been thinking the same thing myself, for budget reasons i would like to bring as much 'extras' as possible rather than buying them out there but would have the same problem with transporting, was thinking on just keeping the likes of favours and extra decorations things small and light and just booking an extra case or distributing them amoung family members :yelrotflmaosmilie:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Postby spanish2012bride » Mon Oct 03, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi McLisa,

I think this may be one to ask the planners. We surely can't be the first people to be wondering this?

Can you let me know if you get any tips from your planner? I'll let you know if I find anything out O:o)
spanish2012bride
New Wolly

Postby Celebrations in Spain » Mon Oct 03, 2021 4:34 pm

No problem to give some hints on what previous brides have done.
McLisa is correct that bits get spread around between the group. Some brides do send out parcels to us and/or the hotel in advance of the wedding.
There is a chance that you can buy the stuff out here - there is an IKEA in Malaga. Some brides have bought stuff when they have been out here for their taster meal and we have stored it until the wedding. I cannot guarantee that all planners would be willing to do this but we certainly do.
Lastly if you are shopping on line some brides have had their goodies shipped direct to our office which also works.
Hope that this helps - and has saved one of you an e mail!!!!
Kerry

Celebrations in Spain
WOL Network

Postby princesspink » Mon Oct 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi there,

I weighed up the pros and cons of DIY and have decided to do a bit of both ie the decorator will do the big stuff and I will do little stuff (like placecards which are easily transportable) as transport costs seem to be huge, plus Im not mega creative :-8

The decorator and my WP work together a lot and I trust they will make it stunning on the day. TBH though I dont want the stress or hassle on my wedding day running around waiting for the hotel to get tables out. I would rather be getting pampered and sipping cava with the girls in the sun. The money put me off a bit, because it was an added expensive, but in the grand scheme of things it really isnt that much. :yelrotflmaosmilie:
princesspink
New Wolly

Postby Celebrations in Spain » Mon Oct 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Actually within reason we put the stuff out for our clients. I say within reason because the one thing that I don't do is chair ribbons - mine always look a mess!!! But place names, table centres (if not from the hotel), table confetti, fans at the church etc I normally consider part of our service on the wedding day.
Kerry

Celebrations in Spain
WOL Network

Postby notabridezilla » Tue May 01, 2022 10:01 pm

spanish2012bride wrote:Hi all,

I am getting married in Nerja next year and I'm loving the vintage chabby chic look. I can get this from decorators out in Spain but it would cost me an absolute fortune!! I can get a lot of things here from Ikea, ebay, carboot sales ect plus I could resell them... Problem is transporting them!

Have any of you done this or thinking of doing so?

ive fallen in love with the same sort of look, tea cups and mason jars playing a big part of that!! here there are suppliers to rent the cups from but cant find anything yet in spain!! GRRR

Hope all your plans are coming together and your trails etc went well! ;-D
notabridezilla
New Wolly

Postby MrsBtobe » Thu Jun 07, 2022 12:27 pm

We've asked our wedding planner to pick us up a few things in IKEA in Italy and she has kindly agreed to do that for us.
For the rest of the stuff that I want I am putting it in a box and shipping it over to her office.
Could you do something like that?
MrsBtobe
New Wolly

Postby McLisa » Thu Jun 07, 2022 12:42 pm

i also realised recently that some of my family are sharing suitcases, like my two teenage brothers so i have booked a bag in other ones names (each person allowed 20kg) and i'm gonna fill it with wedding stuff. Maybe you could do the same and ask around if some people are sharing bags and use their baggage allowance?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Return to Weddings Abroad