WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Paperwork Grrrrr.......

Paperwork Grrrrr.......

Postby crazychick11 » Thu May 10, 2022 11:37 am

I'm wondering can any of you wollies help me, Do you know if your birth cert has to go with your church stuff my priest wasnt 2 sure.... I'm getting married in Spain, really hate this bit.... O:|
crazychick11
New Wolly

Re: Paperwork Grrrrr.......

Postby McLisa » Thu May 10, 2022 12:36 pm

we're meeting our priest this evening (finally!) to get ours sent off, the girl in the office just told me to bring baptism cert and accord certificate with us but our wedding planner has given us list of following things to be sent to spain:

* certified baptismal certs
* photocopies of birth certs
* marriage course cert
* letter of freedom
* details of wedding

i would probably bring it with you and let priest know that it has to go too - i'm gonna give him a copy of what our wedding planner sent us. I cant wait until ours is gone!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Postby skybusgirl » Thu May 10, 2022 1:15 pm

no we are only doing church bit in spain (having civil ceremony before we go) we didnt need to send our birth certs over. but if we were doing legal bit too I think you would
[/url]
skybusgirl
Mini Wolly

Postby crazychick11 » Sat Jun 02, 2022 8:50 pm

Thank you both for your replies, I got the births certs sent off as well, so fingers crossed its all ok. So now for the legal end...It will properly be a nightmare cause my h2b is from the north and he has a british passport so it'll not be straight forward...... :o0
crazychick11
New Wolly

Postby Donnachain » Tue Jun 05, 2022 11:43 am

God I hate the paperwork too I have all the church paperwork sorted but I need to do the civil side I have every thing the birth certs, passports etc but the letter of freedom can I just go to a commissioner of oaths for this or do i HAVE TO go to the dept of foreign affairs? I am getting married in Portugal.
Donnachain
New Wolly

Postby crazychick11 » Tue Jun 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Donnachain wrote:God I hate the paperwork too I have all the church paperwork sorted but I need to do the civil side I have every thing the birth certs, passports etc but the letter of freedom can I just go to a commissioner of oaths for this or do i HAVE TO go to the dept of foreign affairs? I am getting married in Portugal.

I would go to the Dfa, I found her really helpful, she just told me what forms i needed to downlaod then i had to get 1 signed by a solicitor or a commissioner of oaths, and post everything to her....I'd ring her just to be sure..... I think thats us sorted with the paperwork well I hope it is anyway.....
crazychick11
New Wolly

Postby McLisa » Tue Jun 12, 2022 11:58 pm

This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if you have to do this civil bit if you live in the north? Can't recall my planne saying anything about it and I don't know if we even have a department of foreign affairs :yelrotflmaosmilie:
[/url]
McLisa
Major Wolly

Postby crazychick11 » Wed Jun 13, 2022 8:26 pm

McLisa wrote:This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if you have to do this civil bit if you live in the north? Can't recall my planne saying anything about it and I don't know if we even have a department of foreign affairs :yelrotflmaosmilie:

Hi McLisa
I'm from the south and my h2b is from the north with a British passport and I was at my wits end trying to sort the legal end..... After a lot of phone calls to different places, eventually he went to his local register office and she filled in some form for him, it depends on where your getting married but I know Spain will look for a letter of impendment for both of you..... I hope this is all we need cause its all i've done.. Hate paperwork!!!!
crazychick11
New Wolly

Postby Donnachain » Mon Jun 18, 2022 10:56 am

Thanks Crazychick

I went to the commissioner of oaths :) and sent all this but they want it from the DFA. so now I have to go back with the DFA form and get the same thing done again. Do the DFA send a special letter out. I hate paperwork!! Did you go through the Dublin or Cork place.

I wonder would they accept the letter I already got from the commissioner of oaths its the same thing just not on their page or should I just get it done again. hidden expenses :(
Donnachain
New Wolly

Return to Weddings Abroad