WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Getting married in the South of France?

Getting married in the South of France?

Postby SharonSM » Sun May 13, 2022 10:18 am

HI All,

I am planning to get married in Provence / Dordogne region in the South of France next May 2013 as my Fiancé is from Avignon.

I am finding it difficult to find Venues within our budget for France - there appears to be not only be a minimum amount of rooms that you have to book for the event, but there is also a large fee to 'privatise' certain areas of the venue. I am going to France next week to view a few places, but was just wondering if there are any Brides or Brides-to-be out there who could pass some advice / guidance? We are also trying to source a good caterer if anyone has had a good experience with one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks a mill,

Sharon
SharonSM
New Wolly

Re: Getting married in the South of France?

Postby MazC » Mon May 14, 2022 11:59 am

Hi Sharon

Im a newbie here too and we've just booked our wedding in the south of France. I am so excited!

Although are venue is not in the areas you said in your post, its in The Languedoc and is an refurbished Chateau and vineyard just opened last year. We went over in April and were blown away with the place. They do have a fee for the venue but if you are using their restaurant for the catering and buying wine from them they will negotiate on the fee.
Heres the website www.lescarrasses.com

Would love to hear from anyone else getting married in south of france and how your plans are going?

Maz
MazC
New Wolly

Postby engaged1 » Wed May 23, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi there,

We're newly engaged and thinking of the South of France. Just looked at Chateau Les Carrasses and looks amazing! Do you know if you can have the meal outdoors? We're thinking of May/June next year for the wedding and about 140 people. Website says if it's over 80 ppl you need outside catering. Is there good options for that?

We're going to fly over next week to see some venues in that area so just putting a list together at the moment. I have to say I think this could be the nicest I've seen! If you have any photos of Carrasses and don't mind I'd love to see them if you could PM them to me?

MazC wrote:Hi Sharon

Im a newbie here too and we've just booked our wedding in the south of France. I am so excited!

Although are venue is not in the areas you said in your post, its in The Languedoc and is an refurbished Chateau and vineyard just opened last year. We went over in April and were blown away with the place. They do have a fee for the venue but if you are using their restaurant for the catering and buying wine from them they will negotiate on the fee.
Heres the website http://www.lescarrasses.com

Would love to hear from anyone else getting married in south of france and how your plans are going?

Maz
engaged1
New Wolly

Postby MazC » Thu May 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Hi engaged1

The venue really is fab, the accomodation is just gorgeous and it can fit all of our guests so suited us totally. We do however only have 70(ish) guests so the hotel is doing our catering but the planners said it would be no problem to hire external caterers either. Im not sure if there would be enough space for a party the size of yours. The planner I am using did a bigger wedding where the wedding party all stayed at the chateau but the reception was on in an abbey near by. Heres the abbey http://www.valmagne.com/english/index2.html

I dont have any pics at the mo (in work) but will PM you later.

Let us know how you get on with your trip over. Would love if there was another France bride on here to compare stuff.

Best of luck!
MazC
New Wolly

Postby engaged1 » Thu May 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Hi MazC

It's actually myself and my partner Chris getting married so in our case it's two grooms!

I have been back and forth with a lovely lady called Kerry and we're meeting her on Tuesday morning to get a tour. We fly over on Monday. They have said they can do a buffet for 140 but we really want a sit down meal so might have to cut numbers to get that if this ends up being as fab as it looks!

They actually can sleep 130 people but limit it to 80 for a wedding party in June. We were thinking June but might do May if it means more can stay at the venue.

Thanks so much for posting about this place as it really looks amazing. We're also checking out http://www.leclosdemaussanne.com/ and http://www.chateaulignan.fr/uk/index.php . Have you been to either of these? All look very nice but I think from photos Les Carrasses is winning at the moment.

Who is the wedding planner for Carrasses that you're using? Do you think we should arrange to meet her while we're there? Are you doing a marquee? I'm not sure whether it would be nice to have a roofless outdoor meal. Risky though weather wise.

Thanks for all the info! :)
engaged1
New Wolly

Postby MazC » Fri May 25, 2022 8:41 am

Sorry ...Groom!

We are only pretty early on in our plans. Were getting married next May.
Kerry is the lady I have also been dealing with and she's lovely. Also helps that she's English and the owner of the chateau is actually Irish.

If you did end of May I think the weather would be still great (and May is cheaper!)

The other two venues also look pretty fab. I havent actually looked anywhere else in France at all! We had originally thought Italy and took a trip over there to Umbria but didnt find anything that ticked all of the boxes. My parents have a place near Montpellier so we went over this Easter and found Les Carrasses and totally fell for it. We really wanted all of our guests to be staying in the same place as us for the few days so this was perfect. Everything is so new and fresh too as it only opened last year.

The planners were recommended to us by Kerry. They are Intens Events http://www.intens-events.com/ and have been great so far. We are going over again in 2 weeks to meet them and pick a church to have the ceremony.

When we are over we will try decide if we will have an outdoor reception or indoor so that will make the decision on the Marquee. I had always wanted a very candelit romantic room so we may have a drinks reception on the open air roof top area and then move down to the downstairs bar for the meal.

Heres some pics I took when I was over.
Attachments
Les carrasses3.jpg (30.64 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Les carrasses1.jpg (45.93 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Les carrasses.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 222 times
MazC
New Wolly

Postby sofia7 » Sun May 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi Sharon,

I found my wedding venue with this website: http://www.wedding-france.org They propose many venues in France
sofia7
New Wolly

Return to Weddings Abroad